Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Besson Sovereign euphonium: history & review

Great write-up and playing Vito. I owned a Besson from the 1970's, probably should have kept that one!!

So, I see from your videos that you were doing a recital for completion of your degree. What plans do you have now for the future? Hope to hear more of your excellent playing!
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, Wessex EP-100 Dolce Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Wessex TE-360 Bombino Eb Tuba
    Rapid City New Horizons & Municipal Bands (Euphonium)
    Black Hills Symphony Orchestra (Bass Trombone), Powder River Symphony, Gillette, WY (Tenor Trombone)
    Black Hills Brass Quintet (Tuba)

My 1983 Round stamp sovereign 967 was definitely made with metal tacquets, which I have since replaced with nylon Willson equivalents, It is also a popular modification to adapt the valves to have the top fitting Besson style valve guides, although this requires extensive valve work.
    1983 Boosey & Hawkes Globe Sovereign
    Randelfalk R3

Dear readers,
    I am overflowed with positive comments, not only on my writing but also on my playing. Thank you for taking an interest and all the nice comments!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
    So, I see from your videos that you were doing a recital for completion of your degree. What plans do you have now for the future? Hope to hear more of your excellent playing!
    Yes, I am now fully graduated as a performing euphonium player. I'm currently on the lookout for a job but I'll keep practising and playing in a brass band for sure.
    2019 Besson Sovereign 967T silverplated - Denis Wick SM4U

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12