Thread: FS - BRAND NEW King 2268 in Satin Silver - Beautiful!

FS - BRAND NEW King 2268 in Satin Silver - Beautiful!

I just saw this on eBay from a very highly-rated seller. He is apparently a King dealer and had a NEW 2268, 4-valve, bell-front euphonium for sale. This is a newer version of the horn I played in high school and part of college. If you want a European-style compensating horn this is of no interest. But if I had lots of spare money I'd buy one to have as a second euphonium. As your primary horn it could do a good job, depending on your needs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/King-2268SB-...item4d16d6edac
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC4)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Nice! Love the finish on the horn.

King-2268SB-4 Valve

Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    I just saw this on eBay from a very highly-rated seller. He is apparently a King dealer and had a NEW 2268, 4-valve, bell-front euphonium for sale. This is a newer version of the horn I played in high school and part of college. If you want a European-style compensating horn this is of no interest. But if I had lots of spare money I'd buy one to have as a second euphonium. As your primary horn it could do a good job, depending on your needs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/King-2268SB-...item4d16d6edac
    Dave, when you note that this horn in "European-style non-compensating", what does that mean? Are you referring to European style (which I think implies bell up instead of bell forward and maybe some other important specs), or are you referring to compensating or non-compensating? Or both? Thanks, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jhfitzsimmons View Post
    Dave, when you note that this horn in "European-style non-compensating", what does that mean? Are you referring to European style (which I think implies bell up instead of bell forward and maybe some other important specs), or are you referring to compensating or non-compensating? Or both? Thanks, Jim

I was referring to the upright bell that points to the player's right.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC4)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium