Thread: Baltimore Vicinity

Baltimore Vicinity

The following advice was posted on the SmartGroups Tuba-Euphonium list by Allen. He refers to this website:
    Baltimore Brass Website

"Speaking from experience, plus the fact I live in Baltimore, Baltimore Brass
    is great to deal with and what is shown on the web site is in the store
    ready to play.Easy to get to the store from BWI-Marshall, in fact it can be
    done on public transit if you don't want to rent a car."
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC4)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

2. Baltimore Vicinity

I definitely wanted to put in a plug for the great guys at Baltimore Brass. Before I acquired my B&H, I played a Besson 967 that I got from those guys. They never pressure you and they stand behind the products they sell. For example, after a couple of weeks I realized my Besson's first valve was sticking noticeably (not uncommon with Besson from what I've read). I took it back to them and they fixed it right away...at no charge. And they are very friendly and courteous...and they treated me like they genuinely appreciated my business. That element of customer service is missing far too often in today's society, IMHO!!! In short these guys are terrific. The only downside of this outfit is their euphonium inventory isn't that large and seems to vary...I've been there when they had a couple of Yamahas and Willsons... but they usually have several Meinl-Weston euphs to choose from as well as a number of good non-compensating horns, including the Weril euphonium. When I got my previously owned 967 from them, they had just received a large shipment from Besson, so it really is best to call ahead to see what they've got in stock.