Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brass is Class
    • Jul 2023

Baking soda looks like it’s well worth a try! Pretty sure horn will fit in my 50 gallon water tub, cow shouldn’t mind me borrowing it for awhile. Don’t worry, I’ll use the 20 gallon tub for her so she will have water for the day. (Need to rebuild my herd, down to 1 cow in the pasture and about .57 of a cow in the freezer.) Probably be a later in the spring job, also have some new barn steps to make and install. No rest for the weary! I’ll advise how it works when I get a chance to try it.

Of all my horns, I enjoy the euph most, but it usually falls below trumpet and trombone play time. Last few weeks the trumpet, trombone, and euph have been mostly getting equal play time. One week was 100% trombone, and my poor French horn has been neglected for about 8 weeks. Wonder why I’m actually starting to miss playing it?

Comment

• ghmerrill
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Brass is Class View Post
      (Need to rebuild my herd, down to 1 cow in the pasture and about .57 of a cow in the freezer.)
      Just curious, but if you're just raising them for food and not breeding, why have any cows at all? Just buy steers (or bull calves, and then, ... you know ...).
      Gary Merrill
      Wessex EEb Bass tuba (DW 3XL or 2XL)
      Mack Brass Compensating Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J9 euph)
      Amati Oval Euph (DE 104, Euph J, J6 euph)
      1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kelly 25
      Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone (DE LB K/K10/112/14 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R)
      1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Olds #3)

Comment

• Brass is Class
        • Jul 2023

Raise them to eat. Used to have a local who bought a new bull (Black Angus) every 2 years, then the bull would make his rounds to many local farms and spend 2 months no,charge. We fed him during the time, and whatever he left behind was ours, and the fat and happy bull was sold off. Alas, he no longer does that. Not set up for AI here, and too small to keep a bull full time and keep them all,separated. We are gonna get a young one or two this spring. Not many raise black angus around me, mostly dairy.

Comment

• SteveMcGovern
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by RickF View Post
          There's a way to clean any sliver object using hot water, baking soda and aluminum foil.
          Silver polish usually contains a protective coating to slow down subsequent tarnishing. I guess you don't get that with the baking soda method. Is there an aftermarket coating?

Comment

Working...
          X