Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Adam's E1

New Adam's E1

I'm super excited. I ordered an E1 through Bridgepoint Music in California, and it will be arriving sometime next week. I can't wait to start breaking it in! It has .60 thickness, and sterling silver bell, brushed lacquer.
    Ben Dawley
    Music Director
    Solo Euphonium, Five Lakes Metro Brass Band

Besson Prestige 2052 (Gold)
    Shires Q41S (Medium Shank)

Congratulations Ben!

Is this replacing the Sterling? Can I ask why you chose the E1 as opposed to the other 2 models?

Nice! Congratulations! Been reading the thread on the Adams lately and been drooling over it
    "Never over complicate things. Accept "bad" days. Always enjoy yourself when playing, love the sound we can make on our instruments (because that's why we all started playing the Euph)"

Euph: Yamaha 642II Neo - 千歌音
    Mouthpiece: K&G 4D, Denis Wick 5AL

https://soundcloud.com/ashsparkle_chika
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AshTSparkle/

A couple things factored in to my decision. A couple years back I play tested an e2 and it was pretty good. Bit for me the sound just seemed stiff and stale. I know other folks have gotten great results from that model, but for me it wasn't a great fit. I loved the resonance the sterling bell gave though. The Sterling is a great horn don't get me wrong, but two things developed as an issue: 1. I got a shoulder injury, so the weight of the instrument became an issue. 2. Response of attacks and clarity of articulation. I play tested a friend's e1, and it was the perfect hybrid of my old yamaha 842 (the good aspects) and the Sterling. Great sound and fantastic response. The other huge item of consideration was price. I was able to purchase the e1 for only 7300. Virtually a steal for a custom horn with sterling silver bell. I called all over the country to Adams distributors, and they were floored by the price I was able to negotiate. I couldn't pass it up!
    Ben Dawley
    Music Director

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181222_220216_017.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	6504
    Ben Dawley
    Music Director

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSchott View Post
    Congratulations Ben!

Is this replacing the Sterling? Can I ask why you chose the E1 as opposed to the other 2 models?
    Yes, I sold my sterling for a great price.
    Ben Dawley
    Music Director

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Congratulations, Ben!! You will love your new Adams!! They are such great horns. I, to this day, and I am in my lower 70's, get as excited as a little kid at Christmas each and every time I get a new instrument. Just really something about getting a brand new horn. Anxious to hear your thoughts on the horn once it arrives.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

Wow, it looks very beautiful! There's something about brushed silver that really gives the horn a very lovely look. The gold bits add to it even more!
    "Never over complicate things. Accept "bad" days. Always enjoy yourself when playing, love the sound we can make on our instruments (because that's why we all started playing the Euph)"

Euph: Yamaha 642II Neo - 千歌音
    Mouthpiece: K&G 4D, Denis Wick 5AL

https://soundcloud.com/ashsparkle_chika
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AshTSparkle/

Congrats Ben - I live near Bridgepoint and I've played that horn and that is a good horn, a good example of the E1 with SS Bell. James at Bridgepoint is also a good guy and will help you make the horn work for you if you have questions / problems once it arrives. I went and played a bunch of horns when I bought my E3 from him and that E1 was my second choice, congrats!
    Adams E3 0.6 with SS Bell
    K&G 3.5D
    ---------------------------------
    Founder and Solo Euphonium
    San Francisco Brass Band

Quote Originally Posted by JakeGuilbo View Post
    Congrats Ben - I live near Bridgepoint and I've played that horn and that is a good horn, a good example of the E1 with SS Bell. James at Bridgepoint is also a good guy and will help you make the horn work for you if you have questions / problems once it arrives. I went and played a bunch of horns when I bought my E3 from him and that E1 was my second choice, congrats!
    Awesome to hear! They have been awesome to work with. I can't wait to get playing on it. I see you play on a K&G 3.5D. How does that mouthpiece compare to the Schilke 51D or SMX3?
    Ben Dawley
    Music Director

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast