Thread: Euphonium Gig bag

Euphonium Gig bag

Okay so I've been looking at Soundwear bags for my euphonium. I know two people with them who are very happy with them. What are the differences between the performer and professional? Which would you recommend? Where's the cheapest place I can get it? What retailer has the fastest delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by atmullican View Post
    Okay so I've been looking at Soundwear bags for my euphonium. I know two people with them who are very happy with them. What are the differences between the performer and professional? Which would you recommend? Where's the cheapest place I can get it? What retailer has the fastest delivery?
    I believe that they are mostly the same with the exception that the professional has a rigid inner lining. ie, the bag stands up on its own, and offers more protection than the performer. However, you have to weigh which option is better for you. I recently bought a professional and have gone back to my RB gig bag for college. The professional is extremely big, bulky, and heavy. The bag also might have more storage than the performer. If I were to go back and do it again, I would still buy the professional just because I have my smaller RB gig bag to go back to when the professional is a bit much. I would also recommend the professional professional to someone looking for more protection and slightly less portability. And most of the retailers are going to be the same on price and delivery. Look for promo codes for everyone to try to find a good deal.

3. Here's a promo from WWBW. Not sure if they carry the Professional though. But even if they don't maybe you can email them. They might be able to get it for you and still ise the promo code below:

Save $20 off $99+ with Code SUMMER20 - This Week Only
    Christopher Chen
    bolded are for sale
    B&H 967 - Globe Stamp
    B&H 960 (3 valve comp euph) - Globe Stamp
    Salvation Army Triumphonic Eb Alto, silver plated

On the lookout for:
    Silver plated:
    pre '93, post '06 Sovereign Alto/Tenor Horn
    pre '93, post '06 Sovereign Baritone (3 valve)

York/Sterling/LMI variants accepted