Thread: FS: Marcus Bonna euphonium case

1. FS: Marcus Bonna euphonium case

Hello all!

I have an extra Marcus Bonna euphonium case I am not using that came with one of the Adams euphoniums I've played in the past. It has a bit of dust and cobwebs on it from being in my basement, but other than that it is practically new. It is black, and I am asking $400, which is $250 cheaper than buying one brand new. Reply, PM, or email jkircoff at gmail dot com with questions or offers. Payments to be made via Paypal.

Thanks!
    -JK

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-3966.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	4.54 MB 
ID:	8218Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-3967.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	8219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-3968.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	3.49 MB 
ID:	8220
    James Kircoff
    Genesee Wind Symphony - principal euphonium (Adams E3 Custom .60mm yellow brass bell w/ K&G 3.5)
    Capital City Brass Band (2019 NABBA 2nd section champions) - 1st baritone (Besson BE956 w/ Denis Wick 6BY)

Do you happen to know whether this is the smaller size or larger size bonna case?
    Mike Taylor

Illinois Brass Band
    Fox Valley Brass Band

3. Quote Originally Posted by miketeachesclass View Post
    Do you happen to know whether this is the smaller size or larger size bonna case?
    I didn't know Marcus Bonna made two different sizes of euphonium cases. This case in particular fits an Adams E3 euphonium snugly without it being a chore to get the instrument in the case, if that gives you an idea of what the size is. I could also fit a Besson and Sterling in the case...thus I believe the size is more or less universal when it comes to standard sized euphoniums.
    James Kircoff
    Genesee Wind Symphony - principal euphonium (Adams E3 Custom .60mm yellow brass bell w/ K&G 3.5)
    Capital City Brass Band (2019 NABBA 2nd section champions) - 1st baritone (Besson BE956 w/ Denis Wick 6BY)

4. From what I understand there is the standard size and an "XL" size that's designed to fit larger models like the Miraphone M5050. I think that is what Mike is referring to.
    Willson 2900 TA-1 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AM
    Yamaha YSL-643 Trombone - Bob Reeves BrassArk 5G "Gladstone"
    Yamaha YSL-8440 Trombone - Denis Wick 5BS
    VMI 3301S BBb Tuba - Schilke Helleberg

Past:
    York Preference 3067 Euphonium - Denis Wick 4AL
    Benge 165F Trombone - Benge Marcellus
    Wessex BR140 Baritone - Denis Wick 6BS
    F.E. Olds Special Trombone (ca. 1941)

If this case came with the horn I sold you, it is the "standard" MB size but the "newer" redesign that has the more comfortable straps and sleeker profile to make it easier to carry. I had an MB Adams case from 2013 that was such a pain to carry - this case is better in every respect.
    Adams E3 0.6 with SS Bell
    K&G 3.5D
    ---------------------------------
    Founder and Solo Euphonium
    San Francisco Brass Band

6. Quote Originally Posted by JakeGuilbo View Post
    If this case came with the horn I sold you, it is the "standard" MB size but the "newer" redesign that has the more comfortable straps and sleeker profile to make it easier to carry. I had an MB Adams case from 2013 that was such a pain to carry - this case is better in every respect.
    Yes it is the case that you used to own Jake. Thanks for the clarification!
    James Kircoff

Thanks for the clarification, guys.