Thread: Brass quartet and quintet music… where to buy?

Brass quartet and quintet music… where to buy?

Looking to put together a brass quartet or quintet and need some good music (nothing too difficult).

trumpet, euphonium, trombone, tuba

trumpet, french horn, euphonium, trombone, tuba
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

Hello, Larry:
    Good for you. I get most of my TTEE (Tuba Euphonium Quartet) pieces from Cimmaron Music. Some available for download; others need to be shipped. Love them. Here's a link to their brass ensemble pages. https://www.cimarronmusic.com/brass/brass-ensemble
    Good luck.
    Arnold (Arnie) Williams
    Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium with Gold Brass bell (Capitol Pops Band, Capitol Pops Tuba Euphonium Quartet)
    Yamaha YBH-831S Neo Baritone Horn (Joyous Brass, First Baritone)
    Yamaha YBH-301M Marching Baritone (Ophir Prison Marching Kazoo Band and Temperance Society LMTD)
    Yamaha YEP-830 Xeno Bass Trombone (Sacramento Concert Band)
    Euphonium: DW Heritage 4AL (main); K&G 3D (Ophir Prison Band)
    Bass Trombone: Ferguson M Series Jeff Reynolds

3. I just started a brass quintet (2xtpt, fhorn, bone, tuba) last year. I actually got a lot of music after getting a subscription to Musescore. The good thing about that (especially with non-standard instrumentation like yours) is that you can use the software to transpose parts and replace instruments. I've pulled down conservatively dozens of tunes, from classical, jazz and rock to religious, patriotic and movie music. You can usually get the annual subscription for ~60% off their standard asking price, but even at the full price, it's a bargain if you use it every week, or even every month.

For some stuff, I still get stuff from traditional publishers. Hickeys is the store I go to for that. They have just about everything, and they're an upstate NY business (Ithaca), so I actually walk in the store from time to time. Plus, they have gear and instruments. Great music shop, whether you're local or not.

These may be too simple but there are 36 free (public domain) chorales for band. A collection for treble clef and bass clef linked below. Won't work for horn without transposing. Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Bass parts.

Chorales for band:
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Snorlax (Jim) on this forum will arrange a 4- or 5-part tune of your choice for decent $.

He has done several for me and we've been very much pleased with the result.

DG

Not for now but in about six months around Christmas time, Wade Rackley arranged some really great brass quintet charts called, “Elephant Christmas”. If you’re a member of TubaForum.net pretty sure you could find them there.
    Rick Floyd
    YEP-641S (recently sold)

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

7. Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    Not for now but in about six months around Christmas time, Wade Rackley arranged some really great brass quintet charts called, “Elephant Christmas”. If you’re a member of TubaForum.net pretty sure you could find them there.
    It was not available for the people other then members of TubaForum.net?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSeeraa View Post
    It was not available for the people other than members of TubaForum.net?
    Not sure as of right now. Wade (aka ‘the elephant’) offered his arrangements to everyone on TubeNet years ago.
    Rick Floyd
    YEP-641S (recently sold)

Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

I just searched “TubaForum” and found a recent post by Wade or ‘the elephant’. It appears he’s selling his arrangements at a decent price. See the post linked below. You may have to be a member of TubaForum too.

https://www.tubaforum.net/viewtopic....lephant#p76697
    Last edited by RickF; 10-07-2023 at 10:15 AM.
    Rick Floyd
    YEP-641S (recently sold)

Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)