Thread: A Clever Adams Customization for a Customer

A Clever Adams Customization for a Customer

I'm sharing this from my Facebook feed. It's a change that I never would have come up with!

----

Juha Määttälä
    Here is my beaty made by Miel Adams after my design based to the E1 model. 3rd valve tubing goes above to my left hand to make possible to take stressless "pistol grip" so that the left hand will function really freely. Leadpipe is made of sterling silver.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adams Custom 3rd Slide Loop.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	10462

Dave
    Clever idea! What do I see sticking out from the 3rd slide loop? I see a lyre holder type of thing there. And how about the attachment coming off the first valve cylinder?

Juha Määttälä

You see correct. There is a lyre holder which is attached to the tube brace between 3rd slide tubing. The meaning of that is to be a support for the left hand. Also there is a piece of Loctite Kintsuglue on the upper 3rd slide which meaning is to take all the weight of the euphonium to the left hand. Actually I don't need to squeeze euphonium at all.
    Attachment in to the 1st valve is actually a reed ligature from my colleagues tenor saxophone... the meaning is to be a support to the right hand thumb. It keeps it always on the same "sweet spot" and prevent slipping on the 1st valve surface. Also it holds my right hand on the optimal and always on the same distance to the valves.
    You can go and check how it's working on my you tube channel, if you like. You see there how I hold euphonium. The image is a mirror because I didn't know how to reverse it to the normal on those time when I recorded this piece (recorded as on one shot -live recording)

https://youtu.be/C8sNxf30kUU

Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

That IS pretty slick!

Now bury this idea quick. We don't want to put Valerie out of business!
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

That looks like a good idea to relieve stress on the left wrist actually, very intersting!

What a brilliant idea! This is something which might be very helpful for people with really small hands like me.

5. So wish Adams would build four valves for one hand.
    Have written twice to no response.

That is such a brilliant idea! If I were to ever get an Adams, this would be something to consider.
    - Scott

Euphoniums: Dillon 967, Monzani MZEP-1150S, Dillon 1067 (kid’s horn)
    Bass Trombones: Greenhoe GB5-3G, Getzen 1052FDR, JP232
    King Jiggs P-bone