X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arnbone Euph
    • Jan 2019

Brass Chamber Music Camp, Humboldt, July

A tuba player in my newly formed Tuba Euphonium quartet alerted me to this brass chamber music camp held each year in Humboldt, CA. He has attended several. Thanks to him, I will be attending the last week of July, if I'm accepted. I will be mostly playing euphonium (my main instrument) but will bring along my bass trombone. 7 days of study, with each day being part a of new ensemble, getting the music after breakfast in the morning, working on it throughout the day, and presenting the piece in the evening (8 to 9) to others in the conference who also present. Some master class presentations along the way. My friend says it is exhausting but an incredible experience. I'm chomping at the bit.

Anyone else attended this particular conference? I'm sure there are others like it worldwide.

--Arnie
    Arnold (Arnie) Williams
    Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium with Gold Brass bell (Capitol Pops Band, Capitol Pops Tuba Euphonium Quartet)
    Yamaha YBH-831S Neo Baritone Horn (Joyous Brass, First Baritone)
    Yamaha YBH-301M Marching Baritone (Ophir Prison Marching Kazoo Band and Temperance Society LMTD)
    Yamaha YEP-830 Xeno Bass Trombone (Sacramento Concert Band)
    Euphonium: DW Heritage 4AL (main); K&G 3D (Ophir Prison Band)
    Bass Trombone: Ferguson M Series Jeff Reynolds
  • Sara Hood
    • Mar 2017

I have heard about this adult music camp before, and about a few others. I have played with the idea of attending one or more, but never very seriously. Does anyone know where there is a list of such programs? Or maybe we could pool our collective knowledge here and put one together on this site. I know that it is a resource that I would find valuable. And maybe sometime in the next couple of years, I will get to one. As long as it is not scheduled for June and July, that is (my busy season as an accountant).

- Sara
    Baritone - 3 Valve, Compensating, JinBao JBBR1240

Comment

• iMav
      • May 2011

I am attending adult camp this summer up at the International Peace Garden. (“International Music Camp”)

I live in ND and attended the camp when I was in high school (late 80s)…so that is why I know about it.
      Groups
      Valley City Community Band
      Valley City State University Concert Band
      2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

Comment

• hwlentz
        • Dec 2016

I had a good time attending the Blue Lake adult sessions, although it was about 15 years ago. I went to the concert band a couple of times, the trombone/euphonium session and the jazz band session. Jazz band was the weakest because of unbalanced instrumentation, but I still learned a lot - teacher was very good.

https://bluelake.org/adult-camp/sessions/

Comment

• Arnbone Euph
          • Jan 2019

Including the Web address for the Cal Poly Humboldt brass chamber music workshop in Arcata, CA, that I and a tubist from my Capitol Pops Tuba Euphonium quartet will be attending.

https://extended.humboldt.edu/extend...music-workshop
          Arnold (Arnie) Williams
          Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium with Gold Brass bell (Capitol Pops Band, Capitol Pops Tuba Euphonium Quartet)
          Yamaha YBH-831S Neo Baritone Horn (Joyous Brass, First Baritone)
          Yamaha YBH-301M Marching Baritone (Ophir Prison Marching Kazoo Band and Temperance Society LMTD)
          Yamaha YEP-830 Xeno Bass Trombone (Sacramento Concert Band)
          Euphonium: DW Heritage 4AL (main); K&G 3D (Ophir Prison Band)
          Bass Trombone: Ferguson M Series Jeff Reynolds

Comment

• euphlight
            • May 2016

Originally posted by iMav View Post
            I am attending adult camp this summer up at the International Peace Garden. (“International Music Camp”)

I live in ND and attended the camp when I was in high school (late 80s)…so that is why I know about it.
            I will be at IMC this summer playing in the brass band and singing either in the Mens Babershop (if they have it this year) or in the mix choir. So I will meet you.

Comment

• iMav
              • May 2011

Originally posted by euphlight View Post
              I will be at IMC this summer playing in the brass band and singing either in the Mens Babershop (if they have it this year) or in the mix choir. So I will meet you.
              Outstanding! I’ve never been to the adult camp before. Looking forward to it!
              Groups
              Valley City Community Band
              Valley City State University Concert Band
              2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

Comment

Working...
              X