X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arnbone Euph
    • Jan 2019

Tuba Euphonium Quartet arrangement for Barber Adagio for Strings

Been looking for an arrangement of this but no luck so far. I did find Variation Gloom by Bryan Lewis, which was billed as based on Barber's Adagio. By the title, it would seem to be a parody. I just received it in the mail, published by Tubaseal press, 2007. I tried to find Mr. Lewis on youtube and a country music singer with a tune called "I think my dog's a democrat" came up. Definitely a whimsical piece, but not arranged for tuba euphonium quartet lol. So my question is has anyone heared of or heard Variation Gloom? or can anyone recommend a good arrangement for TTEE of Baber's Adagio?
    Arnold (Arnie) Williams
    Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium with Gold Brass bell (Capitol Pops Band, Capitol Pops Tuba Euphonium Quartet)
    Yamaha YBH-831S Neo Baritone Horn (Joyous Brass, First Baritone)
    Yamaha YBH-301M Marching Baritone (Ophir Prison Marching Kazoo Band and Temperance Society LMTD)
    Yamaha YEP-830 Xeno Bass Trombone (Sacramento Concert Band)
    Euphonium: DW Heritage 4AL (main); K&G 3D (Ophir Prison Band)
    Bass Trombone: Ferguson M Series Jeff Reynolds
  • cpoet89
    • Mar 2016

I remember playing a version for tuba-euphonium ensemble when I was in college, but it definitely was more than 4 parts. I feel like this would be a very tough piece to pull off with only 4 parts. I found a recording on YouTube that looks like it was maybe arranged by John Stevens, but I believe it's 8 parts.

Comment

• Arnbone Euph
      • Jan 2019

Just came across one on Youtube arranged for tuba euphonium ensemble with 2 parts euphonium and 3 parts tuba. With some creative choosing of parts on the part of the tubist, it may work. Or, we could just add another tuba and go with it.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKyVoZyIyVo
      It's not an "authorized" arrangement but something the arranger did on Musicscore. Nice. But don't know if that would be "legal" for my quartet plus one to use in public performance.
      Arnold (Arnie) Williams
      Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium with Gold Brass bell (Capitol Pops Band, Capitol Pops Tuba Euphonium Quartet)
      Yamaha YBH-301M Marching Baritone (Ophir Prison Marching Kazoo Band and Temperance Society LMTD)

Comment

• Arnbone Euph
        • Jan 2019

Here's the John Sevens arrangement; I believe for 8 parts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu7menfV6-Q
        Arnold (Arnie) Williams

Comment

Working...
        X