Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Good Eupho Case

Currently the only case/bag I have for my euphonium is my Altieri gig bag, which I love. I think it meets all of your criteria with flying colors... except for maybe protection. I have had no issues with small bumps getting it around the house, on trains, and around town on the rare occasions I have taken it out and about in Chicago, or getting to rehearsals and performances in my own car. But anything beyond that... well it is just a padded bag.

I have no first hand experience with the MB cases but it certainly seems that it gets the closest to everything you could ask for in most settings.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of how the JP Pro bag compares to the Bonna?

I will also add that when David Shinn shipped my New Standard to me it came in a wooden case that seemed well built and sturdy, although heavy. That case ended up moving on with my Schiller when it found a new home, but for the brief while that I had it I enjoyed it. Of course it was heavy, and had it left the house I might not have enjoyed it as much as I did in the corner of a closet.

Weighing up everything, I'm leaning towards getting the Cronkhite with Cordura, seems like good value for a good package.
    The Bonna case does look very nice, but only one dealer in Australia is currently selling it, for a price much higher than what it is in the States. Emailed another vendor who sold it for less and am currently waiting to see whether they're willing to sell it again...

But... at the same time, I'm tempted to wait for that new Wiseman case iMav mentioned... there's a lifetime warranty involved, which does make it highly tempting, especially if Michael's price estimates are right...

Quote Originally Posted by aroberts781 View Post
    Currently the only case/bag I have for my euphonium is my Altieri gig bag, which I love. I think it meets all of your criteria with flying colors... except for maybe protection. I have had no issues with small bumps getting it around the house, on trains, and around town on the rare occasions I have taken it out and about in Chicago, or getting to rehearsals and performances in my own car. But anything beyond that... well it is just a padded bag.
    I have considered Altieri, but I still don't trust myself with that little protection. Of course, that isn't to say that Cronkhite is a lot better (from what I've read), but something that's even just somewhat better in protection is a win for me.

Just as an FYI, got a reply back from Mr Mead, turns out the shipping cost to send one of his cases to Australia is going to be about £400. Yikes! On top of the case, it'll be a shocker of a price, that's for sure.
    I'll be emailing Glenn Cronkhite to see what the shipping costs might be for one of his bags, if it's not enough to make my wallet cry, then I might pull the trigger on it.

I picked up a Soundwear Professional. Nice bag. Well made. Sturdy.
    DANA

Meet the Family
    Junior - Euphonium - 1906 - Henry Distin Mfg.
    Hastings - Trombone - 1952 - Boosey and Hawkes
    Bramwell - Euphonium - 1988 - Besson/Boosey and Hawkes (BE967)
    Margaret - Baritone - 2015 - Sterling1050HS
    Albert - Eb Bass - 2023 - Dillon 981S

New York Staff Band - 2nd Baritone - 1991-1994
    Philadelphia Freedom Band - Euphonium
    Lancaster British Brass Band (all hail the 2nd baritone) - 2022-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12