Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BESSON 2052 PRESTIGE, SILVER, M.I. UK, Adams E1 sterling silver or Willson 2900 TA?

Well, the heart wants what the heart wants..if possible, play them both and maybe it is an easier decision then. I wouldn't worry too much on the durability aspect. Both are well built euphoniums.

i would like to try them but im too far away from the shop where i found it ( cca 600-650 km ), and in my country ( Croatia ) there are no shops which has those kind of euphoniums :/

Quote Originally Posted by simonm29 View Post
    thank You all for your advices.

The heart is saying Adams, but the brain says Willson

There is no loser here; both are fine instruments in their own right.

The Willson has a very good tonal center, which is consistent from high to low range. If you like its tone, that's great. But I find the Willson is less flexible to different tones for different styles of music. The Adams sound is more open in general, and is much easier to adapt to different styles.

Most Adams players find the intonation better than any other brand, and also appreciate the way the horn responds to the player. My endurance has never been very good, even while I was playing full time in the Coast Guard Band. But the Adams actually helped my endurance a bit, I suppose because it takes just a teeny bit less effort all along the way as I play it. And I have been confident playing certain passages that made me nervous on my Bessons and Sterlings.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    There is no loser here; both are fine instruments in their own right.

The Willson has a very good tonal center, which is consistent from high to low range. If you like its tone, that's great. But I find the Willson is less flexible to different tones for different styles of music. The Adams sound is more open in general, and is much easier to adapt to different styles.

Most Adams players find the intonation better than any other brand, and also appreciate the way the horn responds to the player. My endurance has never been very good, even while I was playing full time in the Coast Guard Band. But the Adams actually helped my endurance a bit, I suppose because it takes just a teeny bit less effort all along the way as I play it. And I have been confident playing certain passages that made me nervous on my Bessons and Sterlings.
    Tyvm Dave, now its on me to decide :/

Is there any stamp which type it is, e1 or e2...if yes- where plz? Or through a serial number ( where it is? ) .ty

Is there any stamp which type it is, e1 or e2...if yes- where plz? Or through a serial number ( where it is? ) .ty
    It surely looks like an E2, but you can check on the receiver as shown below. Mine is an E3 made of 0.60 metal (both are shown):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adams Model Metal Mark.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	358.2 KB 
ID:	9966
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Thank You Dave !!

Weird, on the reciever there are no sign of stamps at all

Weird, on the reciever there are no sign of stamps at all
    Not so weird. I don’t believe there were any markings on the AGR of the E3 I had either.
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

https://www.kapwing.com/videos/63de64a5430040001eca2d92
    Thats this adams- video. Amy recommendation? No model sign on reciever, he is saying that previous owner sad is E1 but with heavy valve....can it be?
    Last edited by simonm29; 02-04-2023 at 08:04 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast