Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Adams Sonic with 5th Valve

Good for you Ann! Please do let us know your impressions when it turns up!

Geez when you said I missed a thread you weren’t kidding. I also feel like a kid waiting for Christmas and that’s just for being able to see it in person.

Congratulations again!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Richard III View Post
    I should have said most. For me, one that sounds less dull is the Miraphone M5050. It is a matter of degree also. If one were to do this scientifically, perhaps a method that I saw for examining mouthpiece materials would work. The process measured sound frequency and overtones, or something like that. I can't find the study right now. If that were done for different horns, we might see something tangible. Admittedly I often make these observations to other players and they can't hear the difference. For trumpets, I hear a loss of a full range of sound when too much bracing is used.
    A kindred spirit! I am interested in this Adams for similar reasons; I have yet to find a fully chromatic euphonium that I think sounds better than my YEP 321. It is in my opinion insane that I can randomly pop out full bodied low D flats as a total amateur, and yet professionals clearly struggle to get those notes on normal euphoniums. At this point I'm probably going get a French C or a 3/4 F tuba because I really think the 2 step 5th is poorly conceived, but if Adams made a "Sonic-V" with a flat tone 5th or quint 5th I would seriously consider buying one.

Twelve weeks have passed…….waiting……waiting…..waiting…….

I’m already eyeballing my practice music with the prospect of an alternate fingering here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by ann reid View Post
    Twelve weeks have passed…….waiting……waiting…..waiting…….

I’m already eyeballing my practice music with the prospect of an alternate fingering here and there.
    Perhaps you should work with Dave on a bonus chapter for his alternate fingering guide. ("BONUS Chapter - The 5-valve Adams 'Super'Sonic")
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    ... The 5-valve Adams 'Super'Sonic")
    Hi Larry, love "your Super-Sonic" nickname for the Sonic V... Would make for a very fit overall family name for all 5th valve variants of any Adams euphoniums... Hope Miel is reading this

G.
    M5050L - DC2&3, SM2&4U, BT16, Carbonaria Heavy & New
    Wessex EP104 Festivo - available
    Carolbrass CCR7772 Bb cornet - Available

What is the weight of the Adams Sonic 5-valver?
    Last edited by guidocorona; 02-11-2024 at 11:46 AM.
    M5050L - DC2&3, SM2&4U, BT16, Carbonaria Heavy & New
    Wessex EP104 Festivo - available
    Carolbrass CCR7772 Bb cornet - Available

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213