Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K+G 4D+ First Impressions...

Quote Originally Posted by lele View Post
    Buongiorno Franz un'informazione, ho sempre suonato l'eufonio e il trombone con bocchini alliance wa72/6 molto comodi con tazza da 25,40 mm, e un bore di 7,40 mm, ho sentito parlare molto bene dei K&g tanto che vorrei provarne qualcuno per l'eufonio con la misura della tazza non piu' grande di 25,40 mm ma ho sentito he le misure di questi bocchini sono piu' piccole rispetto alla realta' quindi ero indeciso se prendere un 5o un 5,5 d, mi puo' consigliare quale dei due sarebbe piu' vicino come misure all' Alliance grazie mille Lele.
    The measurement of the internal diameter of the mouthpieces, being made on a radius, is an approximate value. Also the rim radius differs on the various models, resulting in identical internal diameters feeling different, in a practical sense, on the lips. To give you an example, I recently purchased a Warburton Demondrae mouthpiece which has a stated diameter of 26.1mm which, on the practical side, I feel similar (the rim is wider and more rounded than the K&G) to the 3D with a nominal diameter of 26. ,7mm. So, after this premise, I don't have an answer to your question, as I have no experience with the mouthpieces in question, especially since the mouthpiece indicated on the comparison table on the K&G website for a diameter of 25.4mm is the 6D. Personally I would opt for the 5D, the Alliance mouthpieces, if I remember correctly, have a rather rounded edge, and the sensation could be similar to the one I experienced on the Demondrae.
    2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.

Perfetto grazie mille lo provero e le farņ sapere!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12