Thread: Thomann stencil tubas.

Thomann stencil tubas.

Been eyeing this horn:
    https://www.thomannmusic.com/thomann...tudent_pro.htm

Have had good luck with Thomann-branded stencils in the past. And you can't beat the pricing.

Just curious if anyone has had hands on one...or on other stencils (Mack Brass, Schiller, etc). Specifically, Bb tubas.
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

2. Hi again, Larry. I admit that I've purchased a few of the cheaper horns. I purchased this a little over one year ago. https://canex-group.en.made-in-china...-TU-300L-.html
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211210_203004.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1,019.2 KB 
ID:	9990
    It's perfect for me! However, it had imperfections on the finish. Otherwise, it plays perfect (in my estimation). I say that with high hopes that established company Thomann will give you an amazing product! I also purchased their 906GP Euphonium and it also was amazing.

If it's a jinbao, Run the other way. I had one for a year or two, to teach lessons on, and The valves gave me such a headache, I basically ended up giving it away. I replaced it with a packer 379B, and I'm happy with that one

Quote Originally Posted by 58mark View Post
    If it's a jinbao, Run the other way. I had one for a year or two, to teach lessons on, and The valves gave me such a headache, I basically ended up giving it away. I replaced it with a packer 379B, and I'm happy with that one
    I have zero experience with Jinbao tubas. Jinbao euphs are mostly pretty decent thought (if handled with care).

We ended up acquiring another tuba player for our community band, so I’ll probably forgo picking up a tuba for now. I’ve got my trombones and trumpet to keep me entertained in the doubling department for now.
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server