Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FS: Sterling Virtuoso 4-Valve Euphonium In Silver/Gold w Trigger

Need to change my Signature

How do I remove the "Eye on a Sterling to just listing the Serling Virtuoso as my horn? I edited this signature block previously to add the Eye on a Sterling wording but don't recall how I did that.

--Brain fog
    Arnold (Arnie) Williams
    Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium with Gold Brass bell (Capitol Pops Band, Capitol Pops Tuba Euphonium Quartet)
    Yamaha YBH-831S Neo Baritone Horn (Joyous Brass, First Baritone)
    Yamaha YBH-301M Marching Baritone (Ophir Prison Marching Kazoo Band and Temperance Society LMTD)
    Yamaha YEP-830 Xeno Bass Trombone (Sacramento Concert Band)
    Euphonium: DW Heritage 4AL (main); K&G 3D (Ophir Prison Band)
    Bass Trombone: Ferguson M Series Jeff Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Arnbone Euph View Post
    How do I remove the "Eye on a Sterling to just listing the Serling Virtuoso as my horn? I edited this signature block previously to add the Eye on a Sterling wording but don't recall how I did that.
    http://www.dwerden.com/forum/profile.php?do=editsignature
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

--Brain fog
    If you forget and lose track of iMav's link, you use the "settings" link on the top of the page, and look under My Profile for the "Edit Signature" link.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Thanks, Larry.
    Arnold (Arnie) Williams
    Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium with Gold Brass bell (Capitol Pops Band, Capitol Pops Tuba Euphonium Quartet)
    Yamaha YBH-301M Marching Baritone (Ophir Prison Marching Kazoo Band and Temperance Society LMTD)

If you've followed this thread then you know that Arnbone Euph (me) bought this horn and will likely get it Monday Dec 19. I will likely not be able to resist getting it out of the case and tooting on it right away. But a part of me says I should head over to my local music tech and put it in for a chemical cleaning and overall health check before getting too carried away. I bought this from a reputable and responsible member of this forum, so don't believe it would be too high-risk to at least try out its sound before a health check. Just curious about those of you who've purchased through eBay or directly from a euphoniumist in a different state whom you haven't met. I'm assuming in the days of COVID that erring on the side of caution is indicated. Thoughts?
    Arnold (Arnie) Williams

. . . I will likely not be able to resist getting it out of the case and tooting on it right away. But a part of me says I should head over to my local music tech and put it in for a chemical cleaning and overall health check before getting too carried away.
    Dunno how you'd be able to resist giving it a welcoming test drive :-)
    Viruses don't live long on hard surfaces. I've transacted a lot of instruments and never given much thought to cooties, but then again I was raised by "rub dirt on it" parents, so I'm a bit wide of the bell curve on health precautions.
    I love the Sterling sound and I bet your audience will enjoy it, too! Happy playing!

If you have a bath tub, just give it a regular ol’ bath. Then play away!
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

I like Larry's suggestion. I bought my New Standard from a forum member during the pandemic. I opened it up, excitedly played it a bit, then sometime in the first week I gave it a bath and applied my preferred valve and slide lubricants and was off and running.

So this horn arrived at my door yesterday. Quite a journey from Florida that consumed more than a week. Took it out after it had acclimated to my warm room vs. several days in a cold UPS truck. Loved it from the first toot and realized I have my horn for life. The closest feel and sound from euphoniums past is a JP274 I had several years ago. I did have a Besson 2051 ages ago, but don't have a memory of that sound to compare this to. And a Yamaha 641 after that, but the memory is fading from that horn except the memory that I loved it. The Sterling's tuning trigger was sticking at times, which was the only flaw I noticed. I'm putting in my shop just down the street for a check-up, lube, and addressing the tuning slide issues. So happy to have a euphonium back in my life and happy to have a much-coveted and dreamed about Sterling Virtuoso. Seem like I should scour the horizon for a British-style brass band to join.
    Arnold (Arnie) Williams

The big day finally arrived! Congratulations on acquiring such a nice instrument!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast