Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First picture of my "new" Adams E3 with top sprung valves

Absolutely gorgeous Doug!! Thanks for sharing those pictures.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

That looks phenomenal!

Quote Originally Posted by daruby View Post
    More pictures in sequence showing the new Adams E3. [snip]
    Beautiful horn!
    I have a stupid question: do you use silver polish on the bell and nothing on the rest of the horn?
    Dean L. Surkin
    Mack Brass MACK-EU1150S, BB1 mouthpiece
    Bach 36B trombone; Bach 6.5AL and Faxx 7C mouthpieces (pBone on loan to granddaughter)
    Steinway 1902 Model A, restored by AC Pianocraft in 1988; Kawai MP8, Yamaha KX-76
    See my avatar: Jazz (the black cockapoo; RIP) and Delilah (the cavapoo) keep me company while practicing

Quote Originally Posted by dsurkin View Post
    I have a stupid question: do you use silver polish on the bell and nothing on the rest of the horn?
    The brushed finish is lacquered, and I assume the bell is, too. But I'll leave the authoritative answer to Doug!

That is truly a beautiful job of engraving!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    Any idea where someone could purchase aftermarket finger buttons for an Adams horn? (I'm jelly of yours!)
    I have an E3 and forgot to order fancy buttons when I ordered the horn. Later I ordered a set with the green abalone inserts. They are gorgeous. You may also be able to specify the plating on the buttons but I’m not sure. Mine are silver plated. I ordered through my distributor.

6. Quote Originally Posted by dsurkin View Post
    Beautiful horn!
    Dean, great question. Not entirely sure yet, though I think the answer is yes. I will attempt to keep the bell area and engraving nice by using "silver gloves" to touch it up from time to time. Full polish with silver cream or spray on stuff may be required at some time.

Doug
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSchott View Post
    I have an E3 and forgot to order fancy buttons when I ordered the horn. Later I ordered a set with the green abalone inserts. They are gorgeous. You may also be able to specify the plating on the buttons but I’m not sure. Mine are silver plated. I ordered through my distributor.
    I dropped an email to Adams. We’ll see. I don’t really have a local distributor/reseller around here.

How much did the buttons cost you?
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

Magnificent horn: I'm sure the sound that will come out of it will be just as sublime. Well done! I'm curious: how much did this upgrade cost you?
    2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.

9. Hey all...I don't want to be rude, but I will not reply to pricing questions since as a trade show demo prototype, this horn was already used in 2017 and is quite a bit more "custom" than many. Though I purchased the horn originally through my wonderful dealer, Austin Custom Brass, most of my dealings since have been direct with Adams (with Trent Austin's knowledge) due to the unusual nature of the horn. I have been paying mostly retail, but if you want pricing information, you should work with your distributor/dealer or the Adams Music Centre store in the NL. Please note that I did not pay for shipping to the Netherlands since I went there this summer as part of my annual trip to the International Brass Band Summer School. Return shipping was part of what I paid.
    Last edited by daruby; 11-30-2022 at 12:25 PM.
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Gorgeous horn, Doug! It looks simply wonderful. Adams does a pretty good job with packing and shipping, as I have had mine sent to me a couple times from them. Their box is the best I have seen from any euphonium manufacturer, but I admit I haven't seen many others in a ton of years. Now be careful with it!! Us old codgers can be butterfingers, so extra caution. I am ridiculously careful with mine.

You know they still have Miss America and other beauty contests. We should have a euphonium beauty contest. It doesn't have to be over the top, but we could make a call for your finest photograph of your euphonium, gather up and post all of the entries in one place, then take a poll right here. The winner gets, well, nothing, but imagine the pride you will have for your horn. And there are no losers, as anyone who has a euphonium and enters is a winner just for owning, loving and playing this most remarkable instrument.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast