Thread: Will a new Adams Sonic be a LOT BETTER than my elderly Willson 2704?

Will a new Adams Sonic be a LOT BETTER than my elderly Willson 2704?

I’m so ready to pursue a Sonic, but will I find it a significant improvement over my Willson?

When I bought the Willson, its age was not firmly established, possibly decades, but I was thrilled with it, and it has taken me a LONG WAY in the year or so since I’ve had it.

It is SO GOOD that my teacher and I agree that it’s not worth the risk to have it modified, and they aren’t being manufactured any more.

Although I’d never give my Willson up, I’m wondering whether the Adams Sonic would take me further, faster.

Opinions?

Not sure what the Sonic would give you over the Willson…aside from the 3+1 valve configuration.

Are you still considering compensating horns?
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

Hello Ann, it is difficult to guestimate outright what advantages you might experience on Sonic compared to your Willson.... There are so many variables, and so many of them have to do with personal taste. involved.

Rather, so to minimize the impondrables, have you considered giving a call to AustinCustomBrass? ... Talk to Josh..... Ask ACB if they might be able to send you a Sonic on evaluation in your own home.... While some shipping charges might be involved, a trial option might be preferable and less of an anxiety-generator than committing to a purchas outright eyes-closed and wallet-open.

Regards, Guido
    M5050L - DC2&3, SM2&4U, BT16, Carbonaria Heavy & New
    Wessex EP104 Festivo - available
    Carolbrass CCR7772 Bb cornet - Available