Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survey: How much does your instrument weight in order of play?

Survey: How much does your instrument weight in order of play?

My Besson Prestige currently weighs 5.6 kg. If we remove all the accessories (mouthpiece, hand strap, water collector, plexiglass cover, lefreque plates and heavy 4th valve cap), exactly 5 kg remain, 300 gr more than that declared by the manufacturer.
    The Besson New Standard that I use in the parades while marching weighs 4.2 kg, the Wessex French C tuba 4.6 kg.
    2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.

How many lefreque plates do you use and where do you locate them? (Who turned you on to them and what difference do they make for you?)
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

My shires is almost exactly 10 lbs, so about 4.5 kg. It surprisingly feels lighter than the non-comp JP I was renting! I returned that one yesterday, so no direct comparison available.
    Nicholas
    Shires Q41s
    Alliance DC3/K&G 4+

Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    How many lefreque plates do you use and where do you locate them? (Who turned you on to them and what difference do they make for you?)
    There have already been some discussions on the subject which you can find here (http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...Que-Band-sizes), where there are my impressions and those of others. you can find them, for example, in the Steven Mead store.
    2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    There have already been some discussions on the subject which you can find here (http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...Que-Band-sizes), or here ( http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...efreQue-Plates ) where there are my impressions and those of others. you can find them, for example, in the Steven Mead store. (https://youtu.be/FFxvDWXnKGI) ( https://youtu.be/Kg5RPegPa54 ) In this last link even an old ear like mine can clearly hear the difference!
    Last edited by franz; 11-03-2022 at 01:31 PM.

6. I have a JP 374 and it weighs just a tad over 5kg with only the water collector. It looks like some manufacturers may need to update the specs of their horns.
    I'm also curious about the Miraphone 5050. The Miraphone website lists it at around 4.9kg with trigger, but I seem to recall someone who owned one say it weighs close to 12lbs.

My M5050 weighs 11 pounds - but does not have a trigger.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

I have a set of lefreque plates but haven't installed them. I cant figure out how to install the one for the lead pipe with the adjustable mp receiver. The plate won't lay flat enough to apply the brace. Anyone have a solution?

My Globe Stamp Sovereign weighs just about 4.6-4.7kg with mouthpiece attached. Without mouthpiece, a nice 4.5kg.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I have a set of lefreque plates but haven't installed them. I cant figure out how to install the one for the lead pipe with the adjustable mp receiver. The plate won't lay flat enough to apply the brace. Anyone have a solution?
    From some asking around online, it seems you can’t use these on the AGR. Simply not compatible.
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast