Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Adams E3 owners! What mouthpieces do you use??

Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

This tells what, not why. I stick in my mouthpiece, and it goes in all the way. I tune the horn and play in the band, and everything sounds okay. What am I missing? All my mouthpieces go all the way in for the Adam E3. They did not on my Besson, but I went to the Adam E3 based upon Dave's Intonation Chart and it is "right on" for me.

this is what my insertion looks like Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mouthpiece.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	9517

Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    I put the mouthpiece in and turn it till there is no gap (clockwise, from the playing POV). (Turn it out (counter-clockwise) plenty first so it isn’t bottomed out when you initially put the mpc in.)

(I’ll post this, then grab the relevant links Dave has put out there that are helpful…)
    The AGR adjustment changes response and slotting. I haven’t played with mine in a while as I’m happy where it is but I suggest you experiment and see what works best for you. Try it all the way in and all the way out. You’ll find your sweet spot somewhere in between.

I do not have the experience like most people on this forum to hear the difference. I am told by people in the band that I have a great sound, so I will just leave it as is.

I even bought the 4th valve heavy cap and have no idea if it makes a difference for me. I guess I just like to spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by rgorscak View Post
    I do not have the experience like most people on this forum to hear the difference. I am told by people in the band that I have a great sound, so I will just leave it as is.

I even bought the 4th valve heavy cap and have no idea if it makes a difference for me. I guess I just like to spend money.
    You will feel the difference in how notes respond. Experiment with legato, staccato and other tonguing as well as slurred intervals. I expect you will feel a difference. By the way, your current setup is similar to mine.

Thank everyone for your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSchott View Post
    You will feel the difference in how notes respond. Experiment with legato, staccato and other tonguing as well as slurred intervals. I expect you will feel a difference. By the way, your current setup is similar to mine.
    This. Try the two extremes and you will definitely “feel” a difference.
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

Hi,

I used to play DW 4AL heritage for years and I moved for a K&G 4+ some month ago. I’m very happy with it, it is confortable and I find low notes more open.

10. Thread has been dead for a bit, but how did you end up liking the PT 7C? Just picked one up for my Hirsbrunner

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast