Sponsor Banner

Collapse

Adams E3 owners! What mouthpieces do you use??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iMav
    • May 2011

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/entry.p...Receiver-(AGR)
    https://youtu.be/v-ulQaDCf3Q
    https://youtu.be/nnGCZHfSCAY
    Groups
    Valley City Community Band
    Valley City State University Concert Band
    2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

Comment

• rgorscak
      • Feb 2021

This tells what, not why. I stick in my mouthpiece, and it goes in all the way. I tune the horn and play in the band, and everything sounds okay. What am I missing? All my mouthpieces go all the way in for the Adam E3. They did not on my Besson, but I went to the Adam E3 based upon Dave's Intonation Chart and it is "right on" for me.

Comment

• rgorscak
        • Feb 2021

this is what my insertion looks like Click image for larger version

Name:	mouthpiece.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	118138

Comment

• MichaelSchott
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by iMav View Post
          I put the mouthpiece in and turn it till there is no gap (clockwise, from the playing POV). (Turn it out (counter-clockwise) plenty first so it isn’t bottomed out when you initially put the mpc in.)

(I’ll post this, then grab the relevant links Dave has put out there that are helpful…)
          The AGR adjustment changes response and slotting. I haven’t played with mine in a while as I’m happy where it is but I suggest you experiment and see what works best for you. Try it all the way in and all the way out. You’ll find your sweet spot somewhere in between.

Comment

• rgorscak
            • Feb 2021

I do not have the experience like most people on this forum to hear the difference. I am told by people in the band that I have a great sound, so I will just leave it as is.

I even bought the 4th valve heavy cap and have no idea if it makes a difference for me. I guess I just like to spend money.

Comment

• MichaelSchott
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by rgorscak View Post
              I do not have the experience like most people on this forum to hear the difference. I am told by people in the band that I have a great sound, so I will just leave it as is.

I even bought the 4th valve heavy cap and have no idea if it makes a difference for me. I guess I just like to spend money.
              You will feel the difference in how notes respond. Experiment with legato, staccato and other tonguing as well as slurred intervals. I expect you will feel a difference. By the way, your current setup is similar to mine.

Comment

• rgorscak
                • Feb 2021

Thank everyone for your responses.

Comment

• iMav
                  • May 2011

Originally posted by MichaelSchott View Post
                  You will feel the difference in how notes respond. Experiment with legato, staccato and other tonguing as well as slurred intervals. I expect you will feel a difference. By the way, your current setup is similar to mine.
                  This. Try the two extremes and you will definitely “feel” a difference.
                  Groups
                  Valley City Community Band
                  Valley City State University Concert Band
                  2024 North Dakota Intercollegiate Band (you're never too old!)

Larry Herzog Jr.

All things EUPHONIUM! Guilded server

Comment

• wizan
                    • Sep 2015

Hi,

I used to play DW 4AL heritage for years and I moved for a K&G 4+ some month ago. I’m very happy with it, it is confortable and I find low notes more open.

Comment

• Russell_B
                      • Jul 2016

Thread has been dead for a bit, but how did you end up liking the PT 7C? Just picked one up for my Hirsbrunner

Comment

• NLeuph
                        • Jun 2022

Originally posted by Russell_B View Post
                        Thread has been dead for a bit, but how did you end up liking the PT 7C? Just picked one up for my Hirsbrunner

Sorry to chime in before Larry reacted, bu I used a perantucci PT-7c for quite a while, when I was playing a Wessex Dolce. I wanted the dolce to project a little better and liked a little bit wider sound. The mouthpiece defenitely delivered that. When I moved to a 'pro horn' again, suddenly the 7c felt too large for me. I think because the dolce was quite a bit lighter. So I don't know what mouthpiece you are playing now? If the 7c feels too big, yould also try the 5c, which is more like a Wick 4AL.
                        Geneva Mentor euphonium
                        Mercer & Barker GW4

Comment

Working...
                        X