Thread: Both Tuba and Euohonium on Quantum Leap

Both Tuba and Euohonium on Quantum Leap

The show Quantum Leap had a Christmas episode titled "A Little Miracle". It is a bit of a remake of Dicken's "A Christmas Carol". It features a small Salvation Army unit, complete with band. In the scenes with the band, we see Tuba, Euphonium, Cornet, and Bass Drum. It aired Dec. 24, 1962, if you want to look into it. The actors clearly had fun with performing in this episode.

- Sara
    Baritone - 3 Valve, Compensating, JinBao JBBR1240

The episode actually first aired on Dec. 21, 1990. Dec. 24, 1962 is the "date" when the story supposedly took place.

Edit to add: For those who might want to look this ep up, the old Quantum Leap series streams on Prime Video, VUDU, and Apple TV, but it's $1.99 per episode. It also streams on Peacock, with subscription.
    Last edited by DaveBj; 09-10-2022 at 12:36 PM.
    David Bjornstad

1923 Conn New Wonder 86I, Bach 6 1/2 AL
    2018 Wessex EP100 Dolce, Denis Wick 4ABL
    2013 Jinbao JBEP-1111L, Denis Wick 4AM
    2015 Jinbao JBBR-1240, Denis Wick clone mouthpiece of unknown designation
    Cullman (AL) Community Band (Euph Section Leader)
    Brass Band of Huntsville (2nd Bari)

I was able to find the episode on the Roku channel. Haven't watched the series much, but this was a nice diversion. Gotta say, I don't recall seeing a female Salvation Army officer with such striking red lipstick! But that's Hollywood/etc. I lost count of the number of times I've seen depictions of military personnel with looooong hair!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

I stand corrected regarding the episode air date (smile). It is easy to get confused on a show that deals with time travel (tease). I was able to get the show using a free streaming service that has a deal with our cable provider. So it should be pretty easy to find if anyone is interested.

Yes, I saw a few historical errors, and the lipstick was kind of glaring. Knowing the Salvation Army, I saw a few other nit picky details that would not be correct. But interesting that they were able to make it explicitly about the organization and work. All in all, just a feel good kind of episode and fun to see our favorite instruments displayed.

- Sara
    Baritone - 3 Valve, Compensating, JinBao JBBR1240