Thread: I got another double bell!

1. I got another double bell!

So, I have 2 3/4 double bell euphoniums already (1917? King 4 valve; 1938 Buescher 4 valve missing the change valve (hence the "3/4"); and a 1945 Conn short action 5 valve).

A few days ago, a friend of mine who owns a music store called me to ask if I wanted yet another DBE. The short answer is no, but then maybe...what is it?
    He bought it from customer and I am getting it from him tomorrow. It turns out that it exactly like the Conn I already have. 5 valve, short action, silver finish, gold wash bells and original case.
    The crazy part is that the serial number also dates it to 1945 and it is only 44 from the one I already have. Considering the Conn serial number range for 1945 is only 100 numbers which they probably did not use all of (wartime brass shortages); it is undoubtedly from the same production lot as the one I already have. I have always wanted to give each of my children a DBE. I have 3 kids, all brass players. Two of them are twins; this was meant to be.
    Last edited by Will; 08-29-2022 at 02:57 PM. Reason: added valves to account for change valves
    Weril H980 euph
    Besson 4v comp euph 314xxx
    Besson 3v comp euph 455xxx
    King 3v bari. 20xxx
    King 4v double-bell euph 50xxx
    Conn 5v double-bell euph 355xxx
    Buescher 3+1 double-bell euph 285xxx
    Olds bell-front 3v bari
    Holton alto horn
    Holton 3v tuba
    Belleville Helicon
    Some of the performances of the Mid-Shore Community Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ty%20band&sm=3

Whenever I want to buy a new euphonium, I tell my wife it's providence. She hasn't believed me yet.
    Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium, Denis Wick 4AL