Thread: FS: Yamaha 642S Euphonium

1. Thumbs up FS: Yamaha 642S Euphonium

I've owned this horn for 12 years and have kept it in great shape for its age. I played it through two degrees in music in all sorts of musical settings -- solo, chamber, jazz, and large ensembles -- and the horn's versatility served me admirably in all situations.

Available for drop off in mid-Missouri through July 31st, Lower Michigan through August 15th. Asking $3,000 OBO. I will consider shipping at buyers expense, but would prefer a drop-off.

More details and photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/m6RhdmN3QmUEFVRc8

The horn has no functional damage and only light cosmetic issues -- a few small dents, light scratches, and pinholes in the finish on the third valve tubing. The pinholes have not impacted the interior yellow brass. Improvements include cork finish on the fourth valve lock, recently replaced mother of pearl valve caps, and replating on the front of the second valve tubing where pinholes began rubbing away the finish. There was minor valve work done around five years ago, which had no effect on the horn's sound and wonderful agility. The horn has been professionally tuned up and cleaned.

Included:
    Yamaha 642S - great condition for it's age
    Protec Euphonium Gig Bag with adjustable Shoulder Straps - like new excepting minor scuffing
    Original Yamaha Brown-shelled Hard Case - fits the horn as intended, but has major scuffing and deterioration to the interior vinyl
    Bach rubber water catcher/valve gutter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220718_195859836.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	9237
    Last edited by RickF; 09-06-2022 at 06:59 AM.

Welcome to the forum!

Your post got sidetracked briefly by an automated system that could not assure you were a real user. I have now released it so folks can see it!

Because you are a new user, please confirm that you have read and agree to the standards here:

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...Items-for-Sale

Thanks, and good luck with the sale!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Your post got sidetracked briefly by an automated system that could not assure you were a real user. I have now released it so folks can see it!

Because you are a new user, please confirm that you have read and agree to the standards here:

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...Items-for-Sale

Thanks, and good luck with the sale!
    Thanks! I have read and agree to the standards.

4. Horn is sold!