Thread: VW Tuba Concerto in Euphonium Edition?

VW Tuba Concerto in Euphonium Edition?

I’m working on the Romanza now, and if I could find a workable edition of the first or third movements, I’d start one of them as well.

Is anyone aware of a transposed version or a version transcribed into euphonium appropriate notation?

Looking for something accessible in the US.

Sorry but I’m confused. I’ve always played the published tuba/piano transcription. It works fine but certain passages may be easier an octave higher. The pedal sections are playable on a compensating horn if you choose. It’s a good exercise to work on that part of your range.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelSchott View Post
    Sorry but I’m confused. I’ve always played the published tuba/piano transcription. It works fine but certain passages may be easier an octave higher. The pedal sections are playable on a compensating horn if you choose. It’s a good exercise to work on that part of your range.
    Recently, David Childs recorded a new edition of the Vaughan Williams concerto. It was in a higher key, specifically for euphonium. The program notes on the CD say it was commissioned for euphonium and orchestra, but there is no mention of a piano version yet.

Symphonic Euphonium II from Amazon
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

I think I asked around about the DC transcribed version a year or so ago and they said they are waiting for world premiere's first before they can publish and the pandemic caused delays to this. But now that people are performing again it's possible it will be released sooner than later.
    Adams E3 0.6 with SS Bell
    K&G 3.5D
    ---------------------------------
    Founder and Solo Euphonium
    San Francisco Brass Band

David Child’s is premiering it tonight (July 15). I think it may be being broadcast live on the BBC.

Hopeful that the print version becomes available soon.

6. DC broadcast tonight in St. David's Hall, Cardiff, as part of the Welsh Proms.
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

The David Child’s transcription (arrangement?) for “Tenor Tuba” is online at Oxford Press this morning.