Thread: When Bramwell met Margaret.

When Bramwell met Margaret.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3A150662-B8D6-4362-8727-4D620C92BA62.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	3.88 MB 
ID:	9206

This weekend, I took a trip up to Massachusetts to visit Mr. Doug and take a look at the beautiful baritone he was selling. Overall, I spent about 15 hours in the car through construction and major accidents. The end result is not only did I buy the baritone (hereby known as Margaret or Meg Sterling) but I also made a new friend in Mr. Doug. We could have swapped stories for hours. This made the trip even better. Music does make the world a better place.

Thank you Mr. Doug. Meg Sterling is already a welcome addition to the family. I feel with this dynamic duo I’m ready for anything.
    DANA

Meet the Family
    Junior - Euphonium - 1906 - Henry Distin Mfg.
    Hastings - Trombone - 1952 - Boosey and Hawkes
    Bramwell - Euphonium - 1988 - Besson/Boosey and Hawkes (BE967)
    Margaret - Baritone - 2015 - Sterling1050HS
    Albert - Eb Bass - 2023 - Dillon 981S

New York Staff Band - 2nd Baritone - 1991-1994
    Philadelphia Freedom Band - Euphonium
    Lancaster British Brass Band (all hail the 2nd baritone) - 2022-

2. Dana,

It was totally my pleasure to meet you. The Sterling baritone was transformative for me in my tenure with the NEBB. I had previously been playing a York 3056 (same as a Besson 956). The York I considered an "evil beast" due to pitch issues and difficulty finding a comfortable compromise witth mouthpiece between sound and response. The Sterling had none of these issues. The horn had a beautiful sound (pure silk baritone) and allowed me to come as close to Katrina Marzellas sound as I could emulate. I always enjoyed my facility and sound with the instrument and felt any issues I had in performance were mine alone and not the horns.

I do hope that Meg can be as transformative for you. Enjoy and let us know how the re-entry into the brass band world goes!!

Doug
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band