Thread: 2022 Eastman Tuba Euphonium Academy

2022 Eastman Tuba Euphonium Academy

Hey everyone,

I wanted to invite you to join me and some way better musicians at the 2022 Eastman Tuba Euphonium Academy in Stillwater, OK at OK State University July 27-30! The facilities are new and RIDICULOUSLY GOOD. The faculty for this year is the following:

Chris Olka (Principal Tubist w/ Cincinnati Orchestra; beer connoisseur)
    Velvet Brown (Penn State University; nicest person on planet earth)
    Ryan Robinson (Oklahoma State University; founder)
    Matt Tropman (University of Arizona; hiking expert)
    Scott Sutherland (University of Redlands; avid arranger for all things tuba/euphonium)
    Brandon Jones (Principal Euphonium w/ USAF Band in DC; golf fanatic)

Here's a link to the site to check it out and register: https://tubaeuph.okstate.edu/academy

Every day starts with a group warm-up, followed by private lessons (plural), masterclasses, group discussions, evening recitals, and HANGS GALORE!!!! The food around there is AMAZING and again, the facilities are just to die for. It is an incredible time! I hope you'll join us! Registration deadline is July 1. HURRY!!!
    Last edited by BrandonJones; 06-27-2022 at 12:42 PM.
    Brandon Jones
    Principal Euphonium - The United States Air Force Band, Washington, D.C.
    bmjones82@gmail.com

Oh, I so want to go! But this is not enough notice. And June to July is my busy season at work. End of fiscal year for us accounting types. Are there any other events like this that occur sometime other than June to July? I would love to hear about them.

- Sara

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonJones View Post
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to invite you to join me and some way better musicians at the 2022 Eastman Tuba Euphonium Academy in Stillwater, OK at OK State University July 27-30! The facilities are new and RIDICULOUSLY GOOD. The faculty for this year is the following:

Chris Olka (Principal Tubist w/ Cincinnati Orchestra; beer connoisseur)
    Velvet Brown (Penn State University; nicest person on planet earth)
    Ryan Robinson (Oklahoma State University; founder)
    Matt Tropman (University of Arizona; hiking expert)
    Scott Sutherland (University of Redlands; avid arranger for all things tuba/euphonium)
    Brandon Jones (Principal Euphonium w/ USAF Band in DC; golf fanatic)

Here's a link to the site to check it out and register: https://tubaeuph.okstate.edu/academy

Every day starts with a group warm-up, followed by private lessons (plural), masterclasses, group discussions, evening recitals, and HANGS GALORE!!!! The food around there is AMAZING and again, the facilities are just to die for. It is an incredible time! I hope you'll join us! Registration deadline is July 1. HURRY!!!
    Baritone - 3 Valve, Compensating, JinBao JBBR1240