Thread: Euphonium Lessons

Euphonium Lessons

I live in Orlando and wanted to get private lessons on the Euphonium. I would classify myself as advance intermediate. I am not sure if i could be classified as advanced. I cannot find anyone in Orlando area for private lessons. I wanted to know if anyone had suggestions on getting lessons. I am also looking for trombone lessons and i definitely would be intermediate at best. I can play trombone in a VFW band and jazz band, but i need a lot of work on slide technique! I did take lessons from someone on the internet who was a good tuba, euphonium and trombone player, but i did not find his lessons over the internet helping me.

Have you tried reaching out to Claude Kashnik who teaches tuba and euphonium at UCF? I don’t know him but if he takes students outside of the university I’d think he’d be a fine teacher.

Thanks,
    I reached out to him years ago before COVID and he gave me the name of a college student trombone player who i used for a while and then COVID struck. That student is long gone. I emailed him another question at the advice of a local repair shop that deals with UCF but did not get an answer. He is too busy as a college professor and if i would think if he is going to give private lessons, it should be to a promising young student, not a 74-year-old man. I have been playing too many different instruments in different local bands that this past Memorial Day, 2/3rd of the way through playing at a service, my lips gave out. Yesterday i went back to doing basics like double and triple tonguing, (which i have neglected while taking lessons over the internet) and found myself tongue tied very quickly. It is time just to go back to the basic. I think i will work through Arban again and see where that leads me.

PS, i think i will just find someone who can help me develop slide techniques on the trombone and set up my office so i can record myself on the Euphonium and work on Arban and music parts myself. Just listening to what i do and working on improving it should help. I still have to get my lips back after a week. I still had difficulty yesterday. I may need a few days off so i do not mess myself up.

I notice that the editor on the web site does not automatically capitalize "i" like i am used to!!!