Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is safe and plague-free!

I wanted to let you all know that we have officially launched what I believe will be a game-changer for euphonium players in the Schilke 51D/Griego BB1 camp… and more, honestly. The MB51 is a brand new release that was many, many months of R&D and testing in the making. The rim is rounded and very comfortable, but the inner bite is quite sharp farther down… so you don’t feel it cut into your face. It’s the comfort of a round rim with the clarity of a sharp/flat one. The cup diameter is 25.50 (for reference the Schilke 51D is 25.55 and the BB1 is 25.50) with a bore size of .283. It is free feeling but retains the center and true euphonium core. It does not feel tight to play or loose. The combo is just right. There’s a standard model with the very deep cup that works PERFECTLY for wind band and a “solo” model with a 2mm shallower cup that adds sparkle and brilliance to the sound making it incredibly easy to cut over an ensemble for solo work and high range bombs, haha! I seriously couldn’t be happier with them. They make large AND medium shank in virtually any finish you’d like… including stainless steel. Please check them out. I literally could not be happier with mine.