Thread: IET (International Euphonium & Tuba) Festival 2022

IET (International Euphonium & Tuba) Festival 2022

The 19th Annual International Euphonium Tuba Festival:

"We are very excited for the 19th Anniversary edition of the IET Festival. Join us to study with world class artists for teaching, inspiration, and connection! The IET Festival will take place June 19-25 at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia! We plan to allow expanded enrollment with a return to larger participant numbers of 80+ participants and expanded faculty!! We have posted the repertoire for the IET Festival Competition also!!

We are still accepting applications!! Apply ASAP with the deposit link below!

Our Artists for the 2022 IET Festival include:"

Euphonium
    • Bastien Baumet - Guarde Republic and Lyon Conservatoire (FRANCE)
    • Brian Bowman – University of North Texas (retired) and Willson Artist
    • David Brubeck - Miami Dade College, Youth All-Star Brass
    • David Childs - University of North Texas and Besson Artist
    • Fernando Deddos - Brazilian composer and University of Rio Norte (BRAZIL)
    • Paul Dickinson - Kennesaw State University
    • Adam Frey – University of North Georgia and Yamaha Artist
    • TSgt Alison Mahovsky - US Air Force Band​

Tuba
    • Øystein Baadsvik – International Tuba Soloist and Miraphone Artist (NORWAY)
    • Zach Collins - Composer in Residence and Indiana University of Pennsylvania
    • Warren Deck – New York Philharmonic (retired) and Denver University
    • James Gourlay - River City Brass Band and Duquesne University (SCOTLAND)
    • James Jenkins - Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra and University of North Florida
    • Chris Olka – Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra and Eastman Artist
    • Danielle VanTuinen - University of Florida

Featured Ensembles
    Duquesne University Tuba Euphonium Ensemble
    The IUP Tubaphonium Ensemble

The University of Florida Tuba Euphonium Ensemble
    Youth All-Star Brass from Miami, Florida

Costs
    Registration/Tuition - $450 - includes all ensembles, master classes, warm-up classes, panel discussions, and concerts.
    Lesson Packages
    • Gold Lesson Package - $200 for a master class coaching, and 2 private lessons (45 minute and 30 minutes)
    • Silver lesson - $80 for a 45 minute private lesson (you can add up to 4 lessons)

Housing and Meals at Emory University (dorms are located 3 minutes from the music building!!)
    • On Campus Dormitory Housing and Meals - $540 - single dormitory and meals provided
    • On Campus Dormitory Housing and Meals - $470 for shared room dormitory and meals provided
    • Commuter Plan - $195 - This includes all meals and university parking fees during the IET Festival.

​​
    This will be an in-person event with live performances and instruction that follow current COVID recommendations in regard to performance spacing and protocols.

NOTE: The COVID 19 situation may evolve or change. We will make every effort to create an inspirational experience for you. However, circumstances and guidelines may change and the IET Festival will adjust as needed. Alternative plans, schedules and artists may be necessary due to situations beyond our control. Refunds will be offered if the event is cancelled.

Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

I saw this and actually will be in Atlanta for the summer. I don't think my spouse will let me commit to the cost and seven days, but I am wondering if there are any parts or events that are open to the public or where people could watch for a day or two.

(My 11 old year has been playing euphonium and they'd also probably be ecstatic to watch parts of the competition, but probably couldn't handle a longer schedule.) Do you know if there is anything like this? It looks like a FANTASTIC event.