Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: disappointed: Shoddy case materials for a $10K+ horn

Quote Originally Posted by franz View Post
    The case of my Besson prestige is 15 years old and has never given me any kind of problem, robust and reliable. The only problem, if we want to find one, is the weight: case, instrument and accessories stop the scale needle at exactly 12 kg.
    To remedy I added a couple of wheels, so i can drag it like a trolley.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221029_104336.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	9525
    Last edited by franz; 11-01-2022 at 12:22 PM.
    2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.

2. Glad I found this thread, good to know I'm not alone.

I've had my Prestige 2052 since the first year they showed up here in the US. The euph itself is still fantastic. The case slowly lost feet on the bottom, and then a few years back the zipper started to not work so well, and this past year became completely nonworking; I've been walking around with only the top latch holding things together (!!). I recently went to try to take off the cordura cover to then see if I could install a new zipper, only to find that the gazillion little screws holding the cover on aren't the only things doing so. You have to remove the handles and the latch, which appear to be installed from the inside, underneath what I believe is a glued-in-place interior liner.

That case will now be in Friday's trash pickup, and my Prestige is resting comfortably in its new Shires-branded Marcus Bonna case!

-dan

Bonna is the bomb.

And it won't help tarnish your silver horn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12