Thread: FS: Sterling Virtuoso Baritone - w/gold trim

1. FS: Sterling Virtuoso Baritone - w/gold trim

Hello all,

I am no longer playing the English baritone in a brass band and so am selling my 3 valve Sterling baritone. This is a Sterling Virtuoso with a heavy bell, perfect for euphonium players who tend to overblow the baritone. This horn will come in the standard Sterling hard case with the original lyre and your choice of one of the following mouthpieces: 1) Bach 5G 2) Wick 6BS, 3) Wick SM6B 4) Wick 5BS. Also included will be a Wick Steven Mead travel mute, and spare valve guides and felts. Optional extras include a Wick straight mute and a gig bag (shipped separately with the mute in the bag).

Horn in hard case: $3,400 + shipping
    Gig Bag and Straight Mute: $250 + shipping

I have played a number of baritones over the last 15 years. This horn has a beautiful tone and plays quite well in tune (using 3rd valve instead of 1-2 for in the staff concert G). Response is excellent. While I do have some experience with the Yamaha NEO baritone and consider it the likely top of the heap of what is available in the USA, this Sterling is at the same level and somewhat better wrt dynamic range due the heavy bell. I purchased the horn from the factory directly at a time when Sterling had no US resellers. Thus it may well be the only one here in the US. The horn has been maintained either by me or by Sterling at their shop in the UK during my annual summer trips to Wales for the IBBSS.

Pictures are attached, showing this horn as it was being completed. Also shown are the Paul Riggett and the artisans at Sterling Musical Instruments who did such a fine job building this horn.

Message me if you are interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150811_150945.jpg   20150811_151008.jpg   20150811_151028.jpg   20150811_151053.jpg   20150811_154359.jpg  

Sterling Virtuoso 1065HGS & Adams E3 Prototype 0.70 Top Sprung valves
    Sterling Virtuoso 1050HGS baritone
    New England Brass Band
    Winchendon Winds/Townsend Military Band

Wow, beautiful!

Robert Pendergast, DM