Thread: FS: Yamaha 642S Euphonium - Good Price - UPDATED LINK

Thumbs up FS: Yamaha 642S Euphonium - Good Price - UPDATED LINK

The 642 (pre Neo) is a nice instrument that has many fans. This one is in very good shape for a very good price. I see a dent in the 1st valve tube that I would think about fixing (probably needs a magnetic ball set, I'm guessing), but it is not too bad (see 4th photo). Otherwise it looks quite clean. A soft case is shown in the photos. See the listing for a generous supply of photos. For a buy-it-now price of $4,500 it is a nice bargain for a pro compensating top-brand euphonium. But if you feel lucky there is a Make Offer button.

SOLD...BUT PRICE IS NOT DISCLOSED

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294960492422

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	468.4 KB 
ID:	9042 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	271.8 KB 
ID:	9043 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	342.6 KB 
ID:	9044 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	27 
Size:	381.4 KB 
ID:	9045
    Last edited by davewerden; 08-04-2022 at 06:00 PM.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Dave,

I just wanted to clear up on how you would remove said dent in the 1st valve loop. A technician usually as a huge set of threaded dent balls in increasing sizes that can be attached to flexible or fixed rods. In this case you would use a flexible rod to enter the first valve loop and get to the dent behind the curve. Just pulling dent balls through in increasing sizes should do the trick.

Magnetic dent tools work great on larger dents in the larger areas of a large brass instrument like the bell, bottom bow and if you’re lucky the top bow. They need a large, heavy magnetic dent ball to be able to roll the dent out. In this case you would only be able to fit a smaller dent ball and that wouldn’t do much as there’s simply just not enough mass.

Other than the dent this looks like a great deal.
    Music educator - Brass Instruments Enthusiast - Euphonium Player
    2019 Besson Sovereign 967T-2 - Alliance DC3

Quote Originally Posted by Vito View Post
    Dave,

I just wanted to clear up on how you would remove said dent in the 1st valve loop. A technician usually as a huge set of threaded dent balls in increasing sizes that can be attached to flexible or fixed rods. In this case you would use a flexible rod to enter the first valve loop and get to the dent behind the curve. Just pulling dent balls through in increasing sizes should do the trick.

Magnetic dent tools work great on larger dents in the larger areas of a large brass instrument like the bell, bottom bow and if you’re lucky the top bow. They need a large, heavy magnetic dent ball to be able to roll the dent out. In this case you would only be able to fit a smaller dent ball and that wouldn’t do much as there’s simply just not enough mass.

Other than the dent this looks like a great deal.
    Very informative - thank you!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium