Thread: Conn 25i trigger lubricant

1. Conn 25i trigger lubricant

I found an old 2008 Blog from this website written by Dave Werden called Trigger Lubricant, but it only addressed the mechanism lubrication.

Referring to that Blog with photos: I was hoping you would address the lubricant used for the trigger valve inserts into the horn. To be clear in the second photo, where the female black ring tube is being inserted into the male tube. I was about to use Hetman Tuning Slide Grease 8, that I use on my other tuning slides, but stopped to ask the question about whether I should use a different lubricant for the trigger slides?

From a 2007 blog post I suggested using trombone slide cream:

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/entry.p...e-for-Triggers

I believe some on the forum have found oils or greases that worked for their triggers.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. Thanks Dave, I just wanted to make sure I did the right thing.
    Have a good day.
    Nelson

4. Hi Dave, I have reviewed your youtube on using Spitballs. With my Conn 25i do I pressed all 4 valves down to blow the Spitball through with the trigger slide removed?

5. Hi Again. What do you use to polish your horn? I was looking at polishing cloths, but they seem to be more oriented toward silver polishing and might be removing some of the lacquer. Thanks again for your help. Nelson

You really can’t polish lacquered horns. As you mentioned the lacquer will come off. Some folks use Pledge furniture polish and a lint-free cloth.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)