Thread: 10,000!! Congratulations, Dave!!

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)

10,000!! Congratulations, Dave!!

I have been following Dave's posts for the past several weeks and meant to jump in when he hit 10,000 posts on the nose. I was asleep at the wheel, and he now has 10,003. Congratulations on an amazing number of posts and just in general for all you do to make this forum the absolute number one place for euphonium players to come, read, learn, share, engage and just plain enjoy all things euphonium. And while not quite 10,000, congratulations are in order for Rick with 3,500 posts!!
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

I’d like to chime in too to say congratulations to Dave on running such a wonderful forum for almost 20 years now. What an undertaking to not only start a project like this but to keep it going and running smoothly this long. Kudos sir!! All the members here really appreciate this forum. It’s the best place to come to find answers to anything “euphonium”.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

3. This certainly is the best place (worldwide) to come and discuss euphonium. I belong to several other forums that specialize in watches (collecting, watchmaking, vintage and modern), cars (hot rods, sports cars, etc.), and of course FB groups that specialize in the same. By far, this forum is the best run, free from trolling and flaming, and most on topic that I have ever seen. I am proud to have been a member of this forum for 18 years now, since 2006. Being a moderator is a real honor, even as my playing days are diminishing with my advancing age.

Congratulations on 20 years and your 10,000th post, Dave.

Doug Ruby
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Thanks, guys, for the comments! I am proud of the forum, and you three moderators are part of the reason it continues to be a good community!

I haven't been keeping track of my post count. 10k doesn't seem possible!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Congrats Dave on all you have achieved with this forum since starting on post #1. Reading through the "cheap euphs" thread eight years ago is a large part of what got me back into playing after many years without a horn. I recently purchased a New Standard through the forum. And in between those two events I have seriously enjoyed reading and learning all there is to discover through this community. So thanks!