X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • franz
    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by TheJH View Post
    As someone that has fiddled around with a Yamaha 621, I can say that this is actually NOT an ergonomic configuration. The natural way to hold a eupho is already to hold/wrap your hand around the main branch. Having the 4th valve be inbetween the 3rd valve tuning slide and the main branch means you have to bring back your left arm to your body to actually use the 4th valve, causing extra strain on the left wrist and elbow because of the tighter angle, and the more claw-like grip you need to apply to hold both the tubing and the valve casing.
    I do not agree. I'm playing with the Prestige (4th valve behind the main branch) and with the French C tuba (3 valves operated with the left hand in front): On the Prestige the hand remains rotated at least 60 degrees with respect to the forearm, causing a level stress of the wrist (I use a hand strap on this instrument) and, after a while, a discomfort-pain in the thumb joint that activates the trigger, while on the French tuba the hand remains in line with the forearm totally eliminating the discomfort that I warn with the Prestige. It might just be an individual factor but for me it is.
    2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.

Comment

• ann reid
      • Jan 2019

Is anyone using the Bravo as their “main” horn? Still hoping for reviews from people who are playing one on an ongoing basis.

I’m in a position to try a Bravo and/or the Adams Sonic, but it seems that hands on opinions are hard to come by?

Comment

• Knightstar81
        • Feb 2023

Originally posted by ann reid View Post
        Is anyone using the Bravo as their “main” horn? Still hoping for reviews from people who are playing one on an ongoing basis.

I’m in a position to try a Bravo and/or the Adams Sonic, but it seems that hands on opinions are hard to come by?
        Necro-thread commence!

I actually just got my hands on one of these yesterday, and it will be my only Euph. It feels great to play and, as I've never had /played a compensating horn, I'm ok with that.
        My Arsenal:
        Eastman EBH-311S Baritone Horn - Wick 6BS
        Shires SEUBRVO Bravo Euphonium - Shires 5D
        King 3BG - Wick 7CS
        King 3B+F - Bach 5G
        Conn 62H with Butler CF slide - Wick 2AL
        Besson 788 3/4 Tuba - Helleberg 7B

Winona Brass Band
        La Crosse Concert Band
        Westby City Band

Comment

Working...