Thread: 3D Printed Mouthpieces

3D Printed Mouthpieces

I started a new hobby with 3D printing. I've tried downloading and printing a couple mouthpiece templets off the Internet, and so far have struck out. Has anyone else had any experience with doing this?
    Last edited by tonewheeler; 02-01-2022 at 02:26 PM.
    Euphs:
    Miraphone 5050 Ambassador
    Wessex Travel (Tornister) Euphonium 'Maly' ER154
    Yamaha 201 Baritone
    Mp: Wick SM4 Ultra X
    Groups:
    The San Diego Concert Band

2. You should try to use a 3D scanner to collect data on mouthpieces you like. If you don't have access to 3D scan, you can try taking measurements with a set of calipers. This will likely turn out pretty approximate. You should also have some CAD software so you can try out different internal profiles.

3D data you find online comes with no guarantees. It is often 100% junk. and its difficult or impossible to tell which data isn't junk.

I would also use the densest, hardest material you can find.

I agree, a lot of the downloadable templates are junk. I found them on Makerbot Thingiverse. 3D printing is something my son started doing and now I'm interested in it too. I am using some CAD basic software like Tinkercad, calipers, and Voxelab printer. I was hoping someone in our community was maybe doing, or interested in, the same. Thanks for your response and advice.
    Euphs:
    Yamaha 201 Baritone
    Groups:

Quote Originally Posted by tonewheeler View Post
    I agree, a lot of the downloadable templates are junk. I found them on Makerbot Thingiverse. 3D printing is something my son started doing and now I'm interested in it too. I am using some CAD basic software like Tinkercad, calipers, and Voxelab printer. I was hoping someone in our community was maybe doing, or interested in, the same. Thanks for your response and advice.
    A friend of mine volunteered to make me one, and I'd found a template for a Bach 1G which I thought. might be worth trying for some Christmas carolling and building some stamina. Turned out to be broadly equivalent to a Bach 20!
    Nowt

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Magikarp View Post
    A friend of mine volunteered to make me one, and I'd found a template for a Bach 1G which I thought. might be worth trying for some Christmas carolling and building some stamina. Turned out to be broadly equivalent to a Bach 20!
    I wonder if he'd like to share it?

Thanks for your input!
    Euphs:
    Yamaha 201 Baritone
    Groups: