I had guessed completely wrong, after following Dave's thread above. Just from a pure sound standpoint, I liked Horn A more especially in the mid-to-upper register. Seemed richer, more core to the sound. i hadn't even considered the idea of the SS horn sounding different from behind the mouthpiece, which is probably telling me to RECORD MYSELF MORE. LOL

I'm perfectly happy with my E2 in silver-plated yellow brass in 0.8mm. Has some beef to it.

One thing I wanted to mention - I ordered this horn through Austin Custom Brass, but I made it clear to Trent and to Miel that this horn had to be cut down about a half-step. For whatever strange reason, I blow flat on the Adams horns (irrespective of setup) and the Sterling horns. I don't have that issue with Bessons or with Yamahas or with Willsons, in the few occasions that I try those other brands out.

Miel was as good as his word and cut the horn down perfectly - or built it sharper than normal, however that worked at the factory. In fact, not only do I not blow flat on this horn, but I have to take the 1st valve button off the valve in order to take the valve out of the horn! (Less clearance due to the slightly smaller shape of the instrument, I suppose.)