Sherwood, AR 72120
    Ph: 501.833.0855
    Fax 501.833.1068

2880 N Point Circle
    Located inside SAIED Music Company
    Fayetteville, AR 72704
    Ph: 479.575.0088
    Fax: 479.575.0302

I had the shop in Sherwood perform a basic chem clean and service on my Edwards B454 bass trombone and they did an absolutely great job. There were no issues with the horn before they performed their service, so I can't comment on their ability to repair instruments, except that in my area, they really are the "go-to" shop for brass.

They're busy during the summer because they take care of many of the local school instruments, but they were reasonably prompt and the horn was clean, serviceable, new corks, bumpers, etc., throughout. Very pleased with them.
    U.S. Army, Retired (built mid-1950s)
    Adams E2 Euph (built 2017)
    Boosey & Co. Imperial Euph (built 1941)
    Edwards B454 Bass Trombone (built 2012)
    Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb tuba (built 1958)
    Kanstul 33-T lBBb tuba (built 2010)

2. I will second the recommendation for Independent Music. I live in Arkansas and have had great experiences with them both times I've went to them. They removed multiple dents from my tuba after it fell to the ground. They also completely straightened one of my euphonium bells that was considerably wrinkled all the way around from previous users. They also resoldered the leadpipe onto the horn. Finally, I recall then asking for permission to realign and fix the 3rd valve on the same cheap tuba mentioned earlier.

They are located around Central Arkansas and I believe they are the go to location for much of the state. Both repairs took a few months due to the high volume of demands they have. I was amazed at the price they charge for repairs. I have yet to even pay $100. I highly recommend Independent Music!
    Last edited by ivanhouston; 05-06-2023 at 09:40 AM.

3. Who can I contact for guidance?

Quote Originally Posted by Romeovhc View Post
    Who can I contact for guidance?
    In the Sherwood shop, you can check with Jerry. At this time of year, however, they are going to be swamped with school band instruments and won't have a lot of time for chit-chat.
    U.S. Army, Retired (built mid-1950s)
    Adams E2 Euph (built 2017)
    Boosey & Co. Imperial Euph (built 1941)
    Edwards B454 Bass Trombone (built 2012)
    Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb tuba (built 1958)
    Kanstul 33-T lBBb tuba (built 2010)