Thread: "Station 11" on HBO

"Station 11" on HBO

A few minutes into the second episode of the post apocalyptic series "Station Eleven" on HBO comes a small parade by a traveling Shakespearean troupe led by a person with an old three valve silver euphonium. There's a nice closeup shot as the Euphonium leads the way.
    Last edited by JTJ; 12-19-2021 at 09:56 PM.

I posted a screenshot on my FB because the CC says "Tuba Playing" and we very well know it's a bloody Euphonium!
    Adams E3 0.6 with SS Bell
    K&G 3.5D
    ---------------------------------
    Founder and Solo Euphonium
    San Francisco Brass Band

HBO Max Station 11

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Station11 Euph1.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	8842Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Station 11 Euph2.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	8843
    Last edited by tonewheeler; 01-22-2022 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Add
    Euphs:
    Miraphone 5050 Ambassador
    Wessex Travel (Tornister) Euphonium 'Maly' ER154
    Yamaha 201 Baritone
    Mp: Wick SM4 Ultra X
    Groups:
    The San Diego Concert Band

Quote Originally Posted by JakeGuilbo View Post
    I posted a screenshot on my FB because the CC says "Tuba Playing" and we very well know it's a bloody Euphonium!
    Let's all remain calm. Everyone knows that "euphonium" is just a pretentious name for a tenor tuba, as "flugelhorn" is a pretentious name for "soprano tuba"; and denying this is not a healthy approach to life. This fact continues to be widely recognized by the public -- as in the case of Goodwill Industries on shopgoodwill.com where virtually every used instrument they sell that is brass, valved, and is held with the bell at the top is listed as a "tuba". Ebay often follows suit. Besides, "euphonium" is harder to spell, and how are the Germans supposed to pronounce it -- "oy-phonium"? Whose idea was it to call these little tubas "euphoniums"? It looks like a marketing gimmick, or a desperate plea for attention.

But take heart! Things are changing. I note that today Goodwill has managed to classify two baritones as "baritone"!
    Gary Merrill
    Wessex EEb Bass tuba (DW 3XL or 2XL)
    Mack Brass Compensating Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J9 euph)
    Amati Oval Euph (DE 104, Euph J, J6 euph)
    1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kelly 25
    Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone (DE LB K/K10/112/14 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R)
    1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Olds #3)