Thread: "Station 11" on HBO

"Station 11" on HBO

A few minutes into the second episode of the post apocalyptic series "Station Eleven" on HBO comes a small parade by a traveling Shakespearean troupe led by a person with an old three valve silver euphonium. There's a nice closeup shot as the Euphonium leads the way.
    Last edited by JTJ; 12-19-2021 at 10:56 PM.

I posted a screenshot on my FB because the CC says "Tuba Playing" and we very well know it's a bloody Euphonium!
    Adams E3 0.6 with SS Bell
    K&G 3.5D
    ---------------------------------
    Founder and Solo Euphonium
    San Francisco Brass Band

HBO Max Station 11

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Station11 Euph1.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	8842Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Station 11 Euph2.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	8843
    Last edited by tonewheeler; 01-22-2022 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Add
    Miraphone 5050 Ambassador
    Mp: Wick SM4 Ultra X
    The San Diego Concert Band
    Big Brass Quartet- tuba ensemble (EETT)

Quote Originally Posted by JakeGuilbo View Post
    I posted a screenshot on my FB because the CC says "Tuba Playing" and we very well know it's a bloody Euphonium!
    Let's all remain calm. Everyone knows that "euphonium" is just a pretentious name for a tenor tuba, as "flugelhorn" is a pretentious name for "soprano tuba"; and denying this is not a healthy approach to life. This fact continues to be widely recognized by the public -- as in the case of Goodwill Industries on shopgoodwill.com where virtually every used instrument they sell that is brass, valved, and is held with the bell at the top is listed as a "tuba". Ebay often follows suit. Besides, "euphonium" is harder to spell, and how are the Germans supposed to pronounce it -- "oy-phonium"? Whose idea was it to call these little tubas "euphoniums"? It looks like a marketing gimmick, or a desperate plea for attention.

But take heart! Things are changing. I note that today Goodwill has managed to classify two baritones as "baritone"!
    Gary Merrill
    Wessex EEb Bass tuba (PT-63)
    Mack Brass Compensating Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J9 euph)
    Amati Oval Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J6 euph)
    1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kellyberg
    Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone (DE LB K/K9/112 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R)
    1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Olds #3)