Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy birthday John Morgan!

Happy birthday!

A bit late but I hope you had a great birthday John!

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Again, my thanks to you all for your kind wishes. I guess some folks don't necessarily look forward to their birthdays as they get older, but then again, it is nice to keep "having" birthdays as you get older!
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

Quote Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
    Thanks for the nice birthday wishes!! I appreciate it. And I appreciate that I had yet another birthday!! Linda and I celebrated today by getting our COVID booster shot!! Yippee!!
    Belated Happy Birthday, John. And, congratulations on getting your booster. Wishing you and yours all the best for 2022.
    Euph Loosh
    Imperial by Boosey & Hawkes 4-valve Euphonium (mid-1950's)
    MPs: Kosikup 1 1/2, Bowman BB2 Euro shank, Denis Wick 4AM; Marcus Bonna case

Hey John, when you reach the 3/4 century it's truly an eye opening experience. To survive that long amazes me all that has transpired all those years and now I'm playing bass trombone in a Jazz Band made up mostly of seniors. One trumpet player is 93 and still sounds good. Having met the husband of one of my son's classmates who still in his 30's plays in the Air Force Airman of Note in D.C. was amazed that I played bass bone and double valved at that. He told me it was awesome. So John, keep on playing and stay safe.
    B&S 3046 Baritone/Euphonium
    Wessex Festivo
    B&S PT37-S
    Schilke ST20 Tenor Trombone
    Jupiter XO Double valve bass trombone

Quote Originally Posted by BDeisinger View Post
    Hey John, when you reach the 3/4 century it's truly an eye opening experience. To survive that long amazes me all that has transpired all those years and now I'm playing bass trombone in a Jazz Band made up mostly of seniors. One trumpet player is 93 and still sounds good. Having met the husband of one of my son's classmates who still in his 30's plays in the Air Force Airman of Note in D.C. was amazed that I played bass bone and double valved at that. He told me it was awesome. So John, keep on playing and stay safe.
    Good for you! And that is definitely the plan I have, "to play 'till I drop". My euphonium section mate will be 94 this year!! That is my short term goal now, to play longer than him!!
    John Morgan
    Summer Only:

7. John, Happy Birthday. I hope you have many more miles on your MC and notes on your collection of beautiful horns!
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Quote Originally Posted by daruby View Post
    John, Happy Birthday. I hope you have many more miles on your MC and notes on your collection of beautiful horns!
    Thanks so much, Doug! The motorcycle is being diligently trickle charged in the garage for the time being. Started once a month or so on a "nice" day (above freezing and sunny). And said motorcycle is waiting for lovely wife and humble husband to try out their brand new (got the fit right this time, grrr!) helmets with the Cardo comm system re-installed by aforementioned humble husband. So, spending most of the time now putting more miles on my horns, a nice diversion anytime. Realizing that as one moves into their mid 70's, it takes a little longer and a little more practice to keep things working and sounding like they used to. I am still pretty well satisfied with my playing at this tender age, and just hope I can keep it mostly at the current level for many years to come. Time will tell. I do sit next to an almost 94 year old gent in my euphonium section in our New Horizons Band. That is pretty inspiring.
    John Morgan
    Summer Only:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12