Thread: FS: Besson BE956 Sovereign Baritone

No longer available: Besson BE956 Sovereign Baritone

** This instrument is no longer available **

I have a nearly mint condition Besson BE956 Sovereign Baritone that I no longer use. This is the 3+1 compensating model in silver. Some stats:

Small shank receiver
    .547" bore
    9.5" upright yellow brass bell
    4 valve compensating design (3 Top + 1 Side); Spring damper set

This instrument is almost brand new - there are no scratches and only one very small ding on the 4V tubing that you probably wouldn't see if I didn't point it out to you. All slides work great, although the second valve slide was slightly misaligned at the factory and is a bit difficult to pull out. Valves are great.

Comes with case and an anti-tarnish bag that keeps the silver nice and shiny. No mouthpiece, though.

The BE956 was replaced by the Prestige 2056, but that instrument in silver is now close to $10K. Here is your chance to own the previous top-of-the-line model for only $3,000. Local pickup in the Philadelphia area preferred, but shipping can be discussed.

Please note this is a real BARITONE, not a euphonium, and therefore is not really suitable for junior to play in the high school band. This instrument is pretty much limited to brass band playing and the occasional concert band piece by Grainger (and maybe Mahler 7), which is why paying $10K for a Prestige seems a bit much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BE956.JPG  
    Last edited by sctroy; 03-01-2022 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Instrument is no longer available.