X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Micah.Dominic.Parsons-OFFLINE
    • Jun 2020

Hello Rob,

I have been following this thread with great interest. I would love to see a video of all three instruments being played to compare how each instrument is different. It is great to see that you have spent time testing all these instruments and I cannot wait to hear about which instrument you have chosen as the best instrument.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Comment

• tokuno
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DEF1 View Post
      Hi Rob,
      Can you get someone else to play them and you listen and see how the Geneva sounds to the listener compared to the Bessons.

Good luck with your testing.
      Good advice to listen in front of the bell.
      My son tested three Adams, couple Yamahas, and a couple Bessons side by side.
      He strongly preferred the playing experience of the Adams E1 from behind the bell, but lined up a number of different instrumentalists to listen from “audience distance” in three different venues, and they all preferred the sound of the same horn (blind check - no one knew which horn he was playing, but everyone said, “that one”. It was a mixed lot of musicians, too: viola, clarinet, flute, trumpet, cornet, and a couple of euphonium players).
      He’s not that picky about his tool - figured he could get comfortable on any quality euph - but felt that his effort is for the audience, so he went with that priority (although he did have to think pretty hard about passing by the E1).

Comment

• guidocorona
        • Jun 2018

That's intriguing, Tokuno ... So, which euphonium (brand/model) did your son select?

Regards, Guido
        M5050L - DC2&3, SM2&4U, BT16, Carbonaria Heavy & New
        Wessex EP104 Festivo - available
        Carolbrass CCR7772 Bb cornet - Available

Comment

Working...
        X