Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Compensating Slide Moisture on FRONT-Valve Horns

To Ann Reed:

Hello Ann, I received an email from James Garney at Wessex USA....

According to James, "There is not a "new" version of the Festivo, at least not to my knowledge, it's more that the pictures on the website for the festivo are out of date." and so do not reflect the current layout.

Then James continues... "The current version of the Festivo is the one that has been around since I [James] started and is the one with a leadpipe more similar to our [Wessex's] Duplex model. Aside
    from that, the only real changes are the removal of the left hand thumb ring. We haven't changed anything else on the horn."

The above also implies that my own Festivo unit, having water-keys on 3rd, 4th, main slide, and on maccherone little tubing, and with pull-ring on 1st comp loop, but missing a thumb- ring for the left hand, reflects the latest layout.

BTW, the most effective way to contact James may be by Email. He can be reached at:

dolce@wessex-tubas.com

Regards, Guido
    M5050L - DC2&3, SM2&4U, BT16, Carbonaria Heavy & New
    Wessex EP104 Festivo - available
    Carolbrass CCR7772 Bb cornet - Available

Yeah, I had the same issue on that horn when Play testing it a while ago. Keeping the 4th clear and Regularly (every few minutes) pressing the first and fourth and clearing the first that helps ameliorate the issue. Not waiting till the 30 minute mark. Really liked the horn with the front action and compensating, so that condensation would not be a deal breaker.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123