Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations for face masks.

Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    Our band is requiring us to mask up when we’re not playing rather than use a mask with an opening. Besides getting the mpc in the opening it would be difficult to catch a breath when playing I fear.
    I think even that would be better than dealing with a musicians mask. Getting the mouthpiece in the opening takes some fiddling around. So you need to leave the mouthpiece in the mask unless you have enough rest time. My community band is part of Northern VA Community College, so masks are mandated at all times indoors. The only positive thing is that the band has shrunk from 85 players pre-covid to about 55 now. Although somehow we still have 5 euphs and 6 tubas!

Mike

We had band rehearsal again last night. It’s not that hard to pull down my mask to play - pull it up again when resting. If I need two hands to pull it up just laying the horn on my lap works fine for that. Since we rehearse in a Palm Beach County school district band room, we have to follow the rules which is all on campus need to wear masks inside buildings... vaccinated or not. All in our band are required to be vaccinated.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12