Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Instrument

1. Hello everyone,

Over the weekend, I was given the opportunity to explore the role of a bandsman serving with an infantry battalion during The First World War and I was able to get the following photograph which features a living history impression of myself and a friend serving with the battalion band of The 4th Battalion, The Royal Fusiliers in early 1918. The instrument featured in this image is my 1916 dated Solbron Euphonium.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1230.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	8593

I really hope I will be able to learn a little more about the development of the Solbron Euphonium over the coming weeks and months ahead.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons
    Last edited by Micah.Dominic.Parsons-OFFLINE; 09-09-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Micah,

The attachment does not seem to work. Could you try uploading it again? Thanks.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Micah.Dominic.Parsons View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have to admit that I spent yesterday playing through a set of Euphonium exercises that were written on Sunday 19th January 1903 by Thomas Conway Brown during his time at Knellar Hall.

I decided to record exercise number twelve from this set of exercises on my 1916 dated Solbron Euphonium which you can view on the following link - https://youtu.be/432XDtI14wk.

It is really amazing to hear that you have a similar Euphonium Jharris. I would also fully recommend exploring getting your Solbron Euphonium restored as they are absolutely superb instruments.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons
    Nice playing Micah and it sounds and looks like they’ve done an excellent job of restoring your euphonium.

I spent 2 years at Kneller Hall during my time as an army bandsman so I shut my eyes and imagined being back there whilst listening to your recording. It’s a shame it has now closed down, a lot of great musicians have been there over the years.
    JP374 Sterling + Mercer and Barker GW3

4. Hello DEF1,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I think that it is a total privilege to own this 1916 dated Solbron Euphonium and I really want to promote this almost forgotten about period of history with the wider community. I really hope that I will be able to discover some more detailed information about the Solbron range of instruments in the coming weeks and months ahead.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their continued help, support, interest and encouragement in this project.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons
    Last edited by Micah.Dominic.Parsons-OFFLINE; 09-09-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12