X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • euphbasio
    • Jul 2021

Besson Sovereign 967 Euphonium For Sale

Besson Sovereign 967 Euphonium For Sale.

A really clean instrument that plays well. Valves serviced recently and are smooth and free. I use Mead springs, a new set has just been installed.

I have two Euphs and am not playing this one enough to keep it.

£2800. Located near Grantham, Lincolnshire (UK).

Good condition. Signs of use, only one minor dent (the size of a small button) in the lower bell tube (pictured).
    Attached Files
  • Gianfranco_Martello
    • Aug 2021

Hi, is it possible to know the year of construction and other photos in detail, bell etc, and its original case? Thank you

Comment

• daruby
      • Apr 2006

Gianfranco,

Serial number records for #86327x show this was manufactured in later 1998 or early 1999. As all 967s do, it would have a 12" bell.

Doug
      Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
      Concord Band
      Winchendon Winds
      Townsend Military Band

Comment

• Snorlax
        • Mar 2007

Hi!
        I lived in Grantham 1n 1989-90 while I was on an exchange program teaching at Harlaxton College!
        I played with the Grantham Concert band under MD Geoff Kirkby, but I understand the band no longer
        exists. I have very fond memories of my time at Harlaxton Manor!!
        Jim Williams N9EJR (love 10 meter CW)
        Formerly Principal Euphonium in a whole
        bunch of groups, now just a schlub.
        Shires Q41, Yamaha 321, 621 Baritone
        Wick 4AL, Wessex 4Y, or whatever I grab.
        Conn 50H trombone, Blue P-bone
        www.soundcloud.com/jweuph

Comment

• Gianfranco_Martello
          • Aug 2021

Hello thank you ... would it be possible to exchange with my euphonium prestige 2052 advertised?
          thank you

Comment

• euphbasio
            • Jul 2021

Hi Jim, Small world. I just moved to the area (just outside of Grantham). I've not had chance to explore local groups properly yet because of lockdown, though have my eye on a few. The Manor is beautiful!

Comment

• euphbasio
              • Jul 2021

Thank for that Doug, was my next post! Gianfranco - I might be interested in the exchange. I have a 2052 already, but one of my friends is looking for one. I have the original Besson case. Are you thinking a straight swap? Seems a little unbalance in valve to me.

If anoyone knows where I can get my hands on a round stamp I'd also be interested. I learnt on one and would love another for old time's sake!

Comment

• Gianfranco_Martello
                • Aug 2021

Hi if your friend is interested we can talk about it! Hopefully I would be interested in the exchange! what do you mean imbalance in the valve?

Comment

• 1Cor13:4
                  • Feb 2021

I'm guessing he meant value?
                  Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16

Comment

• Gianfranco_Martello
                    • Aug 2021

Euphonium sovereign

Originally posted by euphbasio View Post
                    Thank for that Doug, was my next post! Gianfranco - I might be interested in the exchange. I have a 2052 already, but one of my friends is looking for one. I have the original Besson case. Are you thinking a straight swap? Seems a little unbalance in valve to me.

If anoyone knows where I can get my hands on a round stamp I'd also be interested. I learnt on one and would love another for old time's sake!
                    hi, can you answer my question! Is your ruler still available? I would be interested in purchasing! let me know thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X