Thread: Besson Sovereign 967 Euphonium For Sale

1. Besson Sovereign 967 Euphonium For Sale

Besson Sovereign 967 Euphonium For Sale.

A really clean instrument that plays well. Valves serviced recently and are smooth and free. I use Mead springs, a new set has just been installed.

I have two Euphs and am not playing this one enough to keep it.

£2800. Located near Grantham, Lincolnshire (UK).

Good condition. Signs of use, only one minor dent (the size of a small button) in the lower bell tube (pictured).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails g.jpg   Euph.jpg   e2.jpg   hdgfhfdgh.jpg  

2. Hi, is it possible to know the year of construction and other photos in detail, bell etc, and its original case? Thank you

3. Gianfranco,

Serial number records for #86327x show this was manufactured in later 1998 or early 1999. As all 967s do, it would have a 12" bell.

Doug
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Hi!
    I lived in Grantham 1n 1989-90 while I was on an exchange program teaching at Harlaxton College!
    I played with the Grantham Concert band under MD Geoff Kirkby, but I understand the band no longer
    exists. I have very fond memories of my time at Harlaxton Manor!!
    Jim Williams N9EJR (love 10 meter CW)
    Formerly Principal Euphonium in a whole
    bunch of groups, now just a schlub.
    Shires Q41, Yamaha 321, 621 Baritone
    Wick 4AL, Wessex 4Y, or whatever I grab.
    Conn 50H trombone, Blue P-bone
    www.soundcloud.com/jweuph

5. Hello thank you ... would it be possible to exchange with my euphonium prestige 2052 advertised?
    thank you

6. Hi Jim, Small world. I just moved to the area (just outside of Grantham). I've not had chance to explore local groups properly yet because of lockdown, though have my eye on a few. The Manor is beautiful!

7. Thank for that Doug, was my next post! Gianfranco - I might be interested in the exchange. I have a 2052 already, but one of my friends is looking for one. I have the original Besson case. Are you thinking a straight swap? Seems a little unbalance in valve to me.

If anoyone knows where I can get my hands on a round stamp I'd also be interested. I learnt on one and would love another for old time's sake!

8. Hi if your friend is interested we can talk about it! Hopefully I would be interested in the exchange! what do you mean imbalance in the valve?

9. I'm guessing he meant value?
    Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4

And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16

10. Euphonium sovereign

Quote Originally Posted by euphbasio View Post
    Thank for that Doug, was my next post! Gianfranco - I might be interested in the exchange. I have a 2052 already, but one of my friends is looking for one. I have the original Besson case. Are you thinking a straight swap? Seems a little unbalance in valve to me.

If anoyone knows where I can get my hands on a round stamp I'd also be interested. I learnt on one and would love another for old time's sake!
    hi, can you answer my question! Is your ruler still available? I would be interested in purchasing! let me know thanks